Interesting YouTube videos

Started by Toonces, July 20, 2021, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

You gotta stick with this one a bit, but at the end when you see the pictures this guy comes up with, it's pretty amazing.

I went to his site a while back to buy one, but....they are not cheap.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

This is also a really good underwater video.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Toonces

Alright, you gotta stick with this one for a little while.  But if you're willing to watch it through I think you're going to end up really, really impressed by this guy's ingenuity.  At about 3:30 he starts getting interviewed and discusses his whole system of self-sufficiency.

al_infierno

Imagine what he must smell like.   :o
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Toonces

Well he has a pretty slick shower setup that he says he uses everyday, but...I still don't think I'd be too keen to snuggle with him.

W8taminute

Fascinating video.  He pretty much has figured out a way to beat the system. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

This is the best version of this video I've found on YouTube.

(Note: F-4 Blue Angels video, not F/A-18s in the picture)

So, for background, my dad introduced me to this video like 30 years ago.  I used to have it on VHS (for the youngsters, look it up). 

It's a fantastic, old skool video of the ultimate F-4 flying for the Blue Angels.  Pro move: skip ahead about 10 minutes and get to the video; skip to about 15 minutes to get straight to the first airshow.

And 1:39:50 to see what happens when it's fucked up.

Toonces

I've never seen a video quite like this one.  It puts humanity in perspective.

Spoiler alert: we all die in the end.

But...it's totally worthy of a full watch.

Edit: the author puts the history of the Earth from its beginning to its eventual end into a one-year calendar.  In that time frame, we are literally a blink of an eye; from the start of humans to our (projected) destruction is seconds, within the context of a year's life of the Earth.  I was fascinated throughout. 

Jarhead0331

This guy might be the most amazing guitar player I've ever seen. The compositions and harmonics are wild. Rare talent.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

I don't know how long this link will work, but as of now (1700 Pacific Time) it's up.  Basically it's a livestream from the Volcom team house facing Pipeline in Hawaii.  If you've never seen Pipe, it's ridiculously easy to paddle out to even when the surf is big like it is today.  The rip will drag you straight out with only a little effort.

I surfed Pipe a handful of times when I lived out there, although only at about head high; nothing like the size it is on the livestream.  I fell on one wave, maybe chest-head high so not even "real" pipe and hit the reef so hard on my ass that my entire butt cheek and back of my thigh turned a deep purple for about a week.  That was enough for me, there are more sensible places to surf on the North Shore!  My favorite break was Gas Chambers, which is about 200 yards to the right if you're looking at the surf from the beach.   90% of the fun with 10% of the crowds and danger.

Anyway, enjoy!

Crossroads

This seems like a good thread for this. Leo 2A6 towing the King Tiger into Armour Museum. Man, that thing is HUGE! Leo 2A6, that is. And King Tiger is even bigger  :notworthy:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Armored Bde the Leo belongs to has Leo 1 based ARVs. Given they are a bit stretched with 60+ ton 2A6 variants already, I was wondering if they did not even bother with a 70+ ton Tiger VIB?
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY