It's Friday! What will you be playing?

Started by MetalDog, November 16, 2012, 06:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiO_

Just got Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam and already got a couple of mods to enhance it.....And man, Im having a blast with it!

So cool to learn the employment of early AIM 9's and Sparrows and all their drawbacks.

And who doesnt love the Phantons and Thunderchiefs?!!!

bob48

Ooh - I could really fancy strapping on an F4

"And Kill Migs" - (No, not our Migsy, obviously)

I watched the TV prog about Op Bolo and Col Robin Olds - he was quite a charactor, having flown P38's and P51's amongst other aircraft, and he came to the UK in 1948 to fly the Meteor. Interesting stuff.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2012, 04:09:16 PM
Wolfe, thanks for that mate, I'll have a look.

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 16, 2012, 02:07:38 PM
ill bet my ass youre a Welsh Duke/Count somewhere - i would say youre short term goal is to unify Wales, your mid term goal is to bring in Ireland or Scotland, and the big goal is to take england - how you get there is either conquest or marriage - thats whats so awesome about the game!

Haha, you're half right!  I'm Duke Bleddyn I of Gwynedd and my immediate goal is to unify Wales and become king.  But then I was planning to march straight into England (which has just become Norway, haha).  Don't care about Ireland and the Scots are all transvestites. ;)

OK might fire up CK2 instead of my other plans and try to unite "Greater Ulster" a.k.a. Ireland from Tyrone, first task - find a wife.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Huw the Poo

Heh, I've been trying to kill my wife.  She's a bitch.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've been sitting on my butt, waiting, and waiting, and waiting... for my inept little twit to fabricate a claim in Ossory.  Been 17 years and still nothing.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 16, 2012, 07:04:06 PM
I've been sitting on my butt, waiting, and waiting, and waiting... for my inept little twit to fabricate a claim in Ossory.  Been 17 years and still nothing.

I've been there and it is incredibly frustrating.  Don't worry he will fabricate the claim when you don't have enough money to press it :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2012, 06:57:02 PM

Introduce her to the Aztecs when they come ashore  :)

Although even to get rid of your wife that DLC still isn't worth it.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

MetalDog

Too many CKII players here.  Why isn't there an ongoing MP game?!?!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2012, 06:57:02 PM

I've often got myself in that position, too.  Hahahah!  The killing part is sometimes mutual.

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on November 16, 2012, 10:58:31 PM
Too many CKII players here.  Why isn't there an ongoing MP game?!?!

It would be interesting.  But the problem is that it's real-time and the game takes a very long time to play. 

I tend to think of the multiplayers for many of the paradox games to be LAN'ers and people who regularly get together for long hours on a regular basis, to play.  That would be exceptionally difficult to do for long stretches, on a regular basis, for numerous acquaintances in different time zones I'd imagine.

There also likely wouldn't be a lot of contact with each other until the game had progressed for a long time, unless the players specifically picked demesnes adjacent to each other.  I guess things like teaming up as the various Rurik family demesnes or the Spanish ones for the reconquista would be interesting if only for beating up on the AI and then possibly backstabbing each other for the spoils later on.  I just shudder to think of how much time & coordination it takes to get multiple people regularly running it.

MetalDog

^Good points.  And very true.  But I'm sure there are people that fit the bill and any who would like to try can count me in.

Kushan

Quote from: MetalDog on November 17, 2012, 06:58:00 AM
^Good points.  And very true.  But I'm sure there are people that fit the bill and any who would like to try can count me in.

I'd like to give it a shot. Not sure what time zone your in. I'm on the west coast. I'm assuming paradox lets you save a MP game and continue it later?

Quote from: Nefaro on November 17, 2012, 06:31:46 AM
There also likely wouldn't be a lot of contact with each other until the game had progressed for a long time, unless the players specifically picked demesnes adjacent to each other.  I guess things like teaming up as the various Rurik family demesnes or the Spanish ones for the reconquista would be interesting if only for beating up on the AI and then possibly backstabbing each other for the spoils later on.  I just shudder to think of how much time & coordination it takes to get multiple people regularly running it.

If we could get a game going with more then 2-3 people I think that would be the way to do it. Have everyone start out as some Duke or count in the same realm. Doing the reconquista would be interesting, since branches of the same family control most of northern Spain.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

W8taminute

Commander: The Great War 
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (playing on a Normal difficulty this time, I'm such a dweeb but Classic extinguished many of my brain cells)

And as part of my video game training course for W8taminutette 1 and 2 we will be playing:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Quote from: Kushan on November 17, 2012, 07:37:30 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 17, 2012, 06:58:00 AM

I'd like to give it a shot. Not sure what time zone your in. I'm on the west coast. I'm assuming paradox lets you save a MP game and continue it later?

Quote from: Nefaro on November 17, 2012, 06:31:46 AM

If we could get a game going with more then 2-3 people I think that would be the way to do it. Have everyone start out as some Duke or count in the same realm. Doing the reconquista would be interesting, since branches of the same family control most of northern Spain.

I'm in the Central Time Zone.  I regularaly MP with a friend from outside L.A.  We usually get some time in on Saturday afternoons and Monday nights.

So far, I have only played as a Count.  On the fifth try, I finally united Ireland.  It's around 1200 A.D. and I'm trying to fabricate claims in Brittany, but a POWERFUL muslim ruler took it out from under me and I don't have the troops to take him on just yet.

undercovergeek

I'm losing a lot of time to civ IV bts.... Got the iron I needed, thanks guys, and declared on Portugal who thought he was awesome with his swordsmen.... Jaoa II meet praetorians! He's lost 3 of his 8 cities but only outlying ones, I've secured more iron and am building forces for a raid on Oporto. Meanwhile England ask and ask and ask and ask for a gift of tech.. Queen Liz can only take so many refusals and she declares on me too... I'm the 3rd nation in scoring but I have the biggest army, I'm thinking ill eradicate Portugal and subdue England.... Good times