More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Still, it brings up even more questions than it answers. 'Galaxy Far,Far Away' not so much, maybe?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

Good point, Stagger.  However, it fails to address an even greater point.
How did Cary manage all the running and falling in a suit with no vents?  It is too restricting for anything but Board Room melees.  Certainly not climbing up George Washington's nose.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 06, 2013, 11:24:14 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 06, 2013, 08:07:02 AMI dunno, Brant.  Can you trace your family back to a minor French noble from the 17th Century?

Our whole family tracks back to the Languedoc region of France, but I don't know if any of them were noble or not.  However, we were also among the French Canadians that were kicked out by the Brits in the 1760s and headed out for Louisiana.

edit: I mentioned this before!  man, y'all don't read anything[/] I write, do you :P

Not sure of the whole backstory, but, I seem to remember that the minor noble's family and descendants came over to Quebec and moved southward eventually.  Don't think we ever made it to Louisiana though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Longdan

Cathars??!!  Did somebody say Cathars??!!   CATHAAAARRRRRSSS!!!!!!
Look at my sig part deux.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Staggerwing

It's Saturday, dude. I refuse to look up any Latin on a Saturday. Unless I'm in the mood.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Longdan

It is about Cathars and others.  Your google fu is weak on Saturdays.  I guess they don't teach Latin in school anymore.
It is really helpful if you like extra-legal economic activity.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: MetalDog on April 06, 2013, 01:10:03 PM
Don't think we ever made it to Louisiana though.

I married into that nobility.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

Having spent some time in La Belle Province it seems all of them are descendants of Minor Nobility.  Something like us bogtrotters.
Since none of the major nobility bothered to come over and the place was generally settled by vagrants and whores
along with a few impressed peasants I think everybody was into writing their own family trees using plenty
of erasers and white out and maybe, just maybe penciling in a Sieur or Signeur or two.  There is a major shortage
of "de" 's.  Probably since they did not know how to spell it.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus