More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

this one is real - I know the person who took the picture

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MetalDog on April 09, 2013, 10:28:48 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 09, 2013, 02:54:32 PM

That could just as easily read, "Florida."

I aint never seen something that big in Florida.  Ive found snake under my compuer desk, gators in swimming pools and some big ass roaches.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 10, 2013, 06:43:34 AM
this one is real - I know the person who took the picture

That's horribl...y funny.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Mr. Bigglesworth

A spider will fall of the ceiling like a giant face sucker. It will shriek at you on the way down. Soon you will shriek back. Have a good sleep.  ;D
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Longdan

A friend, when he had to stop drinking, thought he had huge spiders crawling up his arse when he was trying to sleep.
He sucked all the Preparation H(tm) out of the tube.... butt it didn't help.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 10, 2013, 10:40:17 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 09, 2013, 10:28:48 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 09, 2013, 02:54:32 PM

That could just as easily read, "Florida."

I aint never seen something that big in Florida.  Ive found snake under my compuer desk, gators in swimming pools and some big ass roaches.

It's hard to tell for sure, as memory tends to exaggerate facts, but I would swear that three of chased one that big around the kitchen one night.  It was at least as big around as a tea saucer.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

TheCommandTent

^That is more sad than funny.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Longdan

Ever wonder why is it called a C-section?   :P

Staggerwing

Quote from: Longdan on April 10, 2013, 07:29:01 PM
Ever wonder why is it called a C-section?   :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarean_section#Etymology
QuoteThe Roman Lex Regia (royal law), later the Lex Caesarean (imperial law), of Numa Pompilius (715–673 BCE),[9] required the child of a mother dead in childbirth to be cut from her womb.[10] This seems to have begun as a religious requirement that mothers not be buried pregnant,[11] and to have evolved into a way of saving the fetus, with Roman practice requiring a living mother to be in her tenth month of pregnancy before resorting to the procedure, reflecting the knowledge that she could not survive the delivery.[12] Speculation that the Roman dictator Julius Caesar was born by the method now known as C-section is apparently false.[13] Although Caesarean sections were performed in Roman times, no classical source records a mother surviving such a delivery,[10][14] – the earliest recorded survival dates to 1500 CE[15] – and Caesar's mother Aurelia Cotta lived to serve him as an advisor in his adulthood.[12]

The term has also been explained as deriving from the verb caedere, to cut, with children delivered this way referred to as caesones. Pliny the Elder refers to a certain Julius Caesar (not the famous statesman, but a remote ancestor of his) as ab utero caeso, "cut from the womb", a godly attribute comparable to rumours about the birth of Alexander the Great.[clarification needed][10] This and Caesar's name may have led to a false etymological connection with the ancient monarch. Notably, the Oxford English Dictionary does not credit a derivation from "caedere", and defines Caesarean birth as "the delivery of a child by cutting through the walls of the abdomen when delivery cannot take place in the natural way, as was done in the case of Julius Cæsar".[citation needed]

Some link with Julius Caesar, or with Roman emperors in general, exists in other languages, as well. For example, the modern German, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Turkish and Hungarian terms are respectively Kaiserschnitt, keisersnitt, kejsersnit, keizersnede, kejsarsnitt, sezeryan, and császármetszés (literally: "Emperor's cut").[16] The German term has also been imported into Japanese (帝王切開 teiōsekkai) and Korean (제왕 절개 jewang jeolgae), both literally meaning "emperor incision". Similar in western Slavic (Polish) cięcie cesarskie, (Czech) císařský řez and (Slovak) cisársky rez (literally "imperial cut"), whereas the south Slavic term is Serbian царски рез and Slovenian cárski réz, which literally means "tzar" cut. The Russian term kesarevo secheniye (Кесарево сечение késarevo sečénije) literally means Caesar's section. The Arabic term (ولادة قيصرية wilaada qaySaríyya) also means pertaining to Caesar or literally Caesarean. The Hebrew term ניתוח קיסרי (nitúakh Keisári) translates literally as Caesarean surgery. In Romania and Portugal, it is usually called cesariana, meaning from (or related to) Caesar.[citation needed]

According to Shahnameh ancient Persian book, the hero Rostam was the first person who was born with this method and term رستمينه (rostamineh) is corresponded to Caesarean.[citation needed]

Finally, the Roman praenomen (given name) Caeso was said to be given to children who were born via C-section. While this was probably just folk etymology made popular by Pliny the Elder, it was well known by the time the term came into common use.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Longdan

Thanks for stepping on my joke set up.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on April 10, 2013, 07:13:04 PM

All I know is that you'll *never* hear a Republican say that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Longdan

Quote from: LongBlade on April 10, 2013, 08:23:14 PM
Quote from: Bison on April 10, 2013, 07:13:04 PM

All I know is that you'll *never* hear a Republican say that.

It was so stupid that until it got to "we democrats" I assumed it was from the Republican Brain Trust which is historically much more prone to this kind
of stuff..but then again they would never have thought that far.  I note that it is unattributed and posted by the mighty Bison.  I have to assume it is hate mail.