Just Can't Fix Stupid

Started by bayonetbrant, March 30, 2012, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I don't see any guy pictures there. Wonder why?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 12, 2018, 11:12:08 AM
I don't see any guy pictures there. Wonder why?

We can only pull off the unibrow.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

This is our local Verizon store where we go to get our account taken care of. They've always been really good to us

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article215641600.html
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Damn. I'm glad the folks in the store were not hurt. About 15 years ago a little old lady drove through the front of a Dunkin Donuts just a block away from my old employer. She managed to squeeze her car between the concrete posts set up along the storefront parking spaces and crippled one of the kids working behind the counter.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^Jesus Christ. That same exact thing happened at our village Dunkin Donuts just a few months ago.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 27, 2018, 09:08:14 PM
About 15 years ago a little old lady drove through the front of a Dunkin Donuts just a block away from my old employer.

Was she angry, or just senile and lost control?

This dude was pissed that they wouldn't open the store for him even tho it was 30 minutes past closing time (so it's not like they locked up at 8pm on the dot)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Though the little old lady's actions were probably a panic reaction ("I'm pushing on the brake as hard as I can, why won't it stop!!! *because it's actually the accelerator*) I'd be willing to bet that senility played a role in both incidents. Unfortunately, rage and destructive acts are not uncommon behaviors exhibited during dementia's onset and progression. I deal with many elderly patients every day and it's heartbreaking to see them as they break down and lose themselves over the years.

My dad is 81 and I think I see the tell-tale signs of a cognitive decline. I pray that it is slow but family history would suggest otherwise.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

That Verizon has an altered Horizon now. I hope the police charge the guy by the minute.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.