Land mine simulator gives a jolt

Started by Shelldrake, April 03, 2012, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

This training simulator made by Ti Training gives troops a painful jolt of electricity when the mine is triggered.

Quote"It changes the psychology of how you train," said Greg Otte, president of Ti Training.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120402/TSJ01/304020004/Land-Mine-Simulator-Puts-Pain-Failure?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Centurion40

I'll pass if ever offered the chance to partake!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Shelldrake

In my day the training mines gave off a little puff of colored smoke...no pain but lots of verbal abuse by the sarge!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Centurion40

Quote from: Shelldrake on April 03, 2012, 12:46:28 PM
In my day the training mines gave off a little puff of colored smoke...no pain but lots of verbal abuse by the sarge!

I never had that much fun.  I just remember crawling on my belly with an aluminium spike.
Any time is a good time for pie.

besilarius

When I was a kid, there was a neighbor who told the story of walking along the berm of a road on the approach to the Rhine.
He was alert, but suddenly felt a "CLICK" as he stepped down.
He had just stepped on a German S mine and his brain went into hyperdrive.  For a minute or so, he was thinking at warpspeed as he debated jumping away, or standing still.
Since the mine did not explode he stood still.
After the longest five minutes of his life, he carefully took his foot up and when the mine still did not explode, he collapsed in a sodden heap.
Even when they don't go off, the effects are really bad.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.