2nd International Tabletop Day

Started by TheCommandTent, April 05, 2014, 07:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Today is the so called International Tabletop Day so what are yall planning on playing today?  If I can get through my grading the wife and I will probably try and play a few of our favorites and she even said she might give Combat Commander a try to see why I make such a big fuss over the game for.   

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Played Wiraqocha today. It's kind of an insane German game that ends up being pretty fun.

Take a Settlers of Catan style hex board, only number results determine where you can place your various unit types. Drillers let you drill up Somnium, and one of the victory conditions is collecting enough to win. It can also be spent, along with Resources (which some hexes pay out) for Tech cards. Adding a certain number of techs to your pool is a second way to win. The third is by collecting all 4 relics, which can only be picked up by Explorer units. You can smack each other out of spaces, sending units to the Machine's Graveyard until resources are spent to get them back. It's a bit weird to start with but it starts to flow pretty fast.

Also got in a game of Wallenstein, which is always awesome. Tomorrow will be Warhammer : Diskwars.