Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bob48

No, but I bet MD's loins will be positively flowing.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

we knew they were working on it, but the fact that it's going to be ready this year is totally drool-worthy
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Anguille

I had read rumours....good for 4x gaming this year for sure  O0

bbmike

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :smitten: :smitten:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Announcement page from Civfanatics.
Now is October here yet?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Anguille

I am starting to Wonder if i still have enough time to go to work!

Barthheart

Rayfer

The Steam trailer is void of any gameplay. I hate trailers like that!

Freyland

But the screenshots lets you enjoy Settlers-like cartoony graphics!

RedArgo

Looks like Brad Wardell called the release time frame pretty close.

First glance, I'm not a big fan of the graphics, but hopefully they'll grow on me.  Looking forward to more info.

A few of the selling points from the steam page.

Speaking of Brad, this sounds like Fallen Enchantress...
EXPANSIVE EMPIRES:
See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.

"boosts" makes me wonder if this is going to be arcadey type feature, hope not...
ACTIVE RESEARCH:
Unlock boosts that speed your civilization's progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.

this sounds good, similar to civ3 armies I think...
COMBINED ARMS:
Expanding on the "one unit per tile" design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful "Corps" units.

glen55

Quote from: RedArgo on May 11, 2016, 11:42:01 AM
Looks like Brad Wardell called the release time frame pretty close.

First glance, I'm not a big fan of the graphics, but hopefully they'll grow on me.  Looking forward to more info.

A few of the selling points from the steam page.

Speaking of Brad, this sounds like Fallen Enchantress...
EXPANSIVE EMPIRES:
See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.

"boosts" makes me wonder if this is going to be arcadey type feature, hope not...
ACTIVE RESEARCH:
Unlock boosts that speed your civilization's progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.

this sounds good, similar to civ3 armies I think...
COMBINED ARMS:
Expanding on the "one unit per tile" design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful "Corps" units.

I wonder if units can then be un-combined.

Also, what Barthheart said. . . .
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

RedArgo

Greybriar

Civilization VI Official Announcement Trailer:

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Steelgrave

They had me at "corps".

Ok, I'm lyin'.....they had me at "Civ".