Which game would you play PBeM right now?

Started by Yskonyn, October 24, 2018, 03:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Ysk has also now suggested Solium Infernum here.

I can confirm that this is a great game (whether single player or mp, though I haven't personally played mp -- I collated a write-up for it from Rock Paper Shotgun years ago). I don't quite know where players would get it now if you don't have it already tho...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Solium Infernum is still up for sale at their site: www.crypticcomet.com for only 15 bucks.

So far it seems we would have 3 players for Civ 6, 2 for Dominions and a inquiry about AoW 3. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 24, 2018, 03:38:15 AM
I my effort to try to setup Dominions and Civ games recently which petered out before we could get started I would like to propose this poll because I am feeling the PBem vibe.

So drop your vote if you want to start playing any of the above games and lets see if we can start something up!
You definitely seem to be in the mood for a PBEM game of some sort. O0 I'm not very good at it (haven't even managed to finish a game yet) but I'd like to give Civ 6 PBEM a try.

Tuna

would be interested as well, but don't have the latest expansions, when's the next sale?

Yskonyn

The game is fairly often on sale. Keep an eye on it!  O0

For the interested Civ players please see: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23044.0

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

airboy

I'm going to retire very soon.  After that game on!

Yskonyn

Quote from: airboy on October 27, 2018, 11:21:51 AM

That's a great thing to look forward to! :)
I've got at least another 25 years to go.

But next April will be the month my youngest will start elementary school. Ahhhh the free time I'll get back already!  :smitten:

jamus34

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 27, 2018, 01:33:58 PM
Quote from: airboy on October 27, 2018, 11:21:51 AM

That's a great thing to look forward to! :)
I've got at least another 25 years to go.

But next April will be the month my youngest will start elementary school. Ahhhh the free time I'll get back already!  :smitten:

Ohhh yer in for a hurting then Ysk. What time you may get back from directly watching the kids will quickly be eaten up shuttling them between practices, social events, school / church / community activities and etc.
Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

Yes of course, but that's all afternoon chores! I'll have 09:00 till 13:30 on my days off to be planned and used by none other than me! :D

Wolfe1759

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 24, 2018, 10:19:26 AM
I had some fun playing Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided game by PBEM a while back.  That game's a bit of a monster to get into, and the UI is God-awful given the complexity of the game, but it's quite enjoyable after you get past the, "Oh, I didn't mean to invite Russia to join WW I in 1939" factor!

I've only once tried PBEM with Commander Europe at War and GGWAW is probably the only game I'd now think about trying PBEM with again. Why - I can't really commit to more than a couple of turns a week and with there only being c25 turns (less more likely as one side gets the upper hand and wins) in GGWAW I can see the probability of finishing a game and even turning round and having a rematch. 
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Yskonyn