Main Menu

Space Empires V

Started by Jarhead0331, January 28, 2018, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 08, 2018, 04:45:17 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 08, 2018, 04:41:12 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 08, 2018, 04:33:16 PM
^Simply click on the name of a member you want to include in the message. Select "Send PM". Add names of others you wish to include in the "To" box. Viola.

You want a job in IT? :P

How are the fringe benefits?

The what now?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Millipede

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 08, 2018, 04:33:16 PM
^Simply click on the name of a member you want to include in the message. Select "Send PM". Add names of others you wish to include in the "To" box. Viola.

Gee, not too obvious.

Thanks Jarhead.

Millipede

We've got 4 ready to go for "Mudhen's Return" over at http://pbw.spaceempires.net/games/mudhen but we would really like to have 1 or 2 more. Last one in gets their loins moistened.... but not by me.

Yskonyn

Mili, did you guys ever kick this off?
The Mudhen thread seems non existent on the PBW forums?

Would you still be interested to start a SEV game (and know of a few others who want to join)?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Millipede

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 25, 2018, 03:32:47 AM
Mili, did you guys ever kick this off?
The Mudhen thread seems non existent on the PBW forums?

Would you still be interested to start a SEV game (and know of a few others who want to join)?

We tried, but no joy. Even with limits on # of stars and size of fleets we only got a few dozen (?) turns in before the game just continually crashed while processing turns. I even tried going to some of the old hands, that I had played with in the past, for suggestions/help and they've all pretty much given up on SE5. Since we couldn't process the turns I gave up  :'( and deleted the game, and it's attached forum, from the PBW server.

Yskonyn

Ah! Thats unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

I hope this crash is only associated with playing multiplayer.  In all my hours of playing SEV single player I've never had the game crash on me, even in the late game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Millipede

Quote from: W8taminute on October 25, 2018, 01:39:12 PM
I hope this crash is only associated with playing multiplayer.  In all my hours of playing SEV single player I've never had the game crash on me, even in the late game.
Not to worry with single player. The problem (I think) is that the engine just can't keep track of and process thousands and thousands of ships, mines, missiles, multiple massive battles etc.