Major Supremacy at Sea Update

Started by Bismarck, March 04, 2012, 12:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Find your 1.0 install because 1.2 will be out soon.
Jim Cobb

Epee1

Are you going to review it Bismarck?

Bismarck

Indeed. I wanted to review 1.0 but the updates just kept on coming. There was updates through 1.01 to 1,09, then a large 1.1 and then stepwise up to 1,19 beta 3. Now we'll have a comprehensive 1.2.  Hard to review a moving target. I like to wait until the devs are happy.
Jim Cobb

Epee1

I would like to ask in your reviews, and this isn't directed at you personally, but for everyone that does a review, to make some comments about the learning curve of a game.  I realize it's relative, but after following a reviewer for awhile, and getting the games he recommends, you develop a feel for the veracity of his comments.

I never did pick this game up (learn it), and finally uninstalled it.  I'm going to give it another go once they get the update out the door.  Seems like a lot of game, and I know NWS and developer really worked hard on it.  I want to like it, but it never really clicked with me.

I agree about the moving target of the updates.

Bismarck

I often mention learning curve explicitly but that should come through in the description of the game.
Jim Cobb

Epee1

Thanks Bismarck!

BTW do you pefer your avatar name or should I use Jim?

Bismarck

Doesn't matter. You can even call me "Doctor".
Jim Cobb

Epee1

OK Doc!

You knew I was gonna do that. 8)

jomni

If only they did a download version.  That's the only reason why I haven't bought this yet.  I've read the manual and all already. :)

son_of_montfort

Once the update hits, I think I'll give this a try again.

Any hints on how to overcome the learning curve?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

spelk

Quote from: jomni on March 04, 2012, 10:25:17 PM
If only they did a download version.  That's the only reason why I haven't bought this yet.  I've read the manual and all already. :)

Can I put in my vote for a download version also?

I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

I'm a bit weary of having to pay duty charges etc.

republic

I would definitely like to read a post patch review.  This is one of those games I've looked at a dozen times but can't quite figure out if its one I'd like or not.

Epee1

ArizonaTank

I hope the patch makes a difference as well.  I never could get into this game...and I like pretty much everything...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.