Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

I have to admit being excited by the new Falklands DLC.

Will definitely pick it up in the very near future.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

Looks like a new big update, that now includes the game using 64-bit architecture and moved from DirectX 9 to Direct X 11, which is supposed to improve performance.  Kind of curious why not move straight to the latest DirectX 12, but I am sure there are reasons, probably to be more compatible with people's systems.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10201&t=397224

Tripoli

Just a theory, but since they also do a professional version, it may have something to do with trying to be compatible with government computer systems, which tend to be less than cutting edge.  They probably maximize their user base by keeping the specs down as low as possible.

I am playing a CMO scenario now, and it does seem to be running better
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

undercovergeek

not quite from the dead - is the game actually recommended?

Tripoli

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Tripoli on October 03, 2023, 07:25:06 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 03, 2023, 06:18:44 PMnot quite from the dead - is the game actually recommended?

Absolutely

+1, the most accurate post - WWII naval/air simulation on the civilian market IMHO.

Great way to learn modern air / naval warfare.

The weapons database alone is worth the price of admission.

Warning: the game does have a bunch of things to learn to get the most out of it. But there is an excellent set of tutorials...but be prepared to be "in learning mode" for a while.

The price is steep, but worth it. But it does go on sale from time to time.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Pete Dero

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 03, 2023, 09:00:09 PMThe price is steep, but worth it. But it does go on sale from time to time.

Like right now (-60%) : https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/command-modern-operations  (DLC not included !)

All the updates added a lot of content but that didn't make it easier to get in to.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 04, 2023, 02:31:47 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 03, 2023, 09:00:09 PMThe price is steep, but worth it. But it does go on sale from time to time.

Like right now (-60%) : https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/command-modern-operations  (DLC not included !)

All the updates added a lot of content but that didn't make it easier to get in to.

It was this sale that intrigued me

Reliable retailer?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  I've purchased from them a number of times and never had any issues.

Tripoli

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 03, 2023, 06:18:44 PMnot quite from the dead - is the game actually recommended?

[shameless plug]  If you do get it, be sure to get the image and description packages here: https://command.matrixgames.com/?page_id=1876

steve58

Another +1 for Fanactical (formerly Bundle Stars).  They've been around since 2012.  Bought from them many times over the years with zero issues.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 04, 2023, 10:32:39 AMYou're making me want a new and exciting CMO AAR!  :ThumbsUp:
I'll try to get something done.  I'm experimenting right now with a CMO using video, vice the write up format

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.