Shogun 2 Difficulty

Started by Gusington, February 16, 2012, 10:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

There are various threads around here in different forums that give the whole sordid history.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

Kk... I was clicking around earlier but got stuck in the lingerie subforum...  :-[

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

^You mean that's how we found Grandma. Right?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Fetrik on February 27, 2012, 02:12:24 PM
Oh, do tell? I guess i shouldn't ask but aside from the bad forum software i like WG. I assume there are other reasons but i shall try to stick, or be sticky wherever great games are discussed.

Lots of reasons, but the bottom line is we wanted to be the folks we could yell at in case the software didn't work. Which is both good and bad, as you might imagine ;)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Fetrik

I imagine a lot..  ;D

But enough derailing the thread.  :-X

LongBlade

No worries - we don't worry too much about thread topic discipline here.

And welcome!

Fetrik

Thank you LB. Looking forward to reading your posts which i used to do long before i joined WG. If i remember correctly you screened new members so i never applied. lol

LongBlade

Quote from: Fetrik on February 27, 2012, 04:02:32 PM
Thank you LB. Looking forward to reading your posts which i used to do long before i joined WG. If i remember correctly you screened new members so i never applied. lol

Well, I screened forum applicants only to keep the spammers out. Everyone was let in so long as they looked like they had a real email address and name. It's when you got sadfjsdiron@spammerhellhole.cn that I knew I had a problem ;)

In any case, I'm glad you survived our initiation. And thanks for the kind words. We hope to provide many years of happy wargaming discussion.

Gusington

So...I was beginning to feel my druthers and was beginning some serious expansion through central Japan when suddenly clans that declared war on me 5 years before finally woke up and went on then offensive. I lost three provinces tonight! Also took three Oda provinces. So I'm even. And I started looting. Things are getting ugly. Perhaps I was not meant to rule as a warrior monk. Any one have any suggestions for other clans to play?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Here's a basic but interesting article about the Sohei.

http://jp.learnoutlive.com/the-sohei/

Basically it says they took arms to protect themselves from bandits, samurai and other rival monks.
Also if they did not take arms to protect themselves, buddhism won't be as dominant in Japan as toady.  Their growth and influence will be curtailed easily if they kept a pacifist stance.

Modern day Sohei fanboys (and girls):

LongBlade

Quote from: jomni on February 28, 2012, 12:16:55 AM
Here's a basic but interesting article about the Sohei.

http://jp.learnoutlive.com/the-sohei/

Basically it says they took arms to protect themselves from bandits, samurai and other rival monks.
Also if they did not take arms to protect themselves, buddhism won't be as dominant in Japan as toady.  Their growth and influence will be curtailed easily if they kept a pacifist stance.

Modern day Sohei fanboys (and girls):

The guy on the far left (in blue) looks a bit like a friend of mine. But the odds are against it. He's likely older.

Gusington

The guy on the left is me actually.

So now with almost the entire board arrayed against me I am thinking my game will end again in defeat. The Ikko Ikki may just not be for me.

Any suggestions on other clans you guys like playing as? I think I am going to establish a rule that I won't let myself purchase Fall of the Samurai until I win my first campaign in the original game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 28, 2012, 11:33:41 AM
The guy on the left is me actually.

Maybe you can teach me how to use a naginata sometime. I doubt my shoulders have much stamina, but I'd still enjoy learning, even if it kills me.

Gusington

^I'll consider it once someone can tutor me on not getting my buttocks kicked in this game on non-sissy levels. The game is fierce!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd