Main Menu

It's Friday!

Started by Bison, April 06, 2012, 06:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well it's actually Saturday for me, but whatever.

I finally picked up Frozen Synapse on a Steam sale.  I'm not sure why I waited so long.  It got some pretty fantastic reviews iirc.  Anywho playing through the single player campaign and having a blast.  I do wish there were undestructible walls, because the bazookas are a real pain in the backside.  Not a lot of time to game this weekend, but I might try and sneak in a CMBN battle too.

tgb

Continuing my Fall of the Samurai campaign and just getting into Anno 2070

DoctorQuest

Wishing like hell I had stand off anti-ship missiles in Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

MetalDog

The GF is otherwise occupied this weekend, so I might get some Civ IV in or HOI2 Doomsday.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on April 06, 2012, 08:09:09 PM
The GF is otherwise occupied this weekend, so I might get some Civ IV in or HOI2 Doomsday.

Toonces

King Arthur (original campaign).  I've been looking at a playthrough posted on the KA forums and I think I'm starting to get the hang of this game finally.

Skyrim.  I'm stuck on a hell-fight right now, but I think I can beat it with the proper use of scrolls and potions.

Rise of Flight.  I have a TON of unplayed planes to get through. 

BMS Falcon: Israel Theater of Operations.  Installed, but haven't tried this puppy yet.  Looks beautiful and really takes theater development in Falcon to the next level.

Mount and Blade: Warband, Brytenwald mod.  Really fun mod- I'm enjoying Mount and Blade a lot more with this mod installed.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Kushan

Not sure what I'm going to be playing this weekend. Been in a gaming slump the lats few weeks were nothing seem to hold my attention for long.

If I can get passed that I'm hoping to get some time in on:

Skyrim: I started a new Nord warrior a few weeks ago, after downloading 50+ mods.

Diablo III Beta: It's Diablo, what more can I say. If your a fan of the first two you should like 3.

WoW Mist of Panderia Beta: Got my beta access this week. Although I'm not actively playing WoW at the moment, I'm really interested in trying out the new monk class. If I can gte passed the constant download errors.

Crusader Kings II: I still have my Kingdom of Castile game that I started when it first came out. After listening to this weeks Three Moves Ahead and Gamers with Jobs podcast, I think it may be time to finish my conquest of Spain.

Wargame: European Escalation: Still not sure what I think. Sometimes I like it, others times I think its the worst RTS I've ever played. If this game was TBS it would be have a permanent place on my computer, as it is now....

With all that said, I'll probably end up playing Imperium Galactic II, Combat Mission: Touch, or Battle Academy on my iPad.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

TheCommandTent

Probably some Skryim and BF3 as well as some boardgaming.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Hartford688

DA:O - maybe finally finish the game. I have so many alts and hours sunk in the game, but never reached the Final Battle yet.

or ME3 - just started this a week ago, but only a couple of hours in...

Or Deus Ex Human Revolution (just got from getgo games for a nice price)

http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/deus-ex-hr-sale

or Fallout: New Vegas - as i was in Las vegas a couple of weeks ago, so I need to revisit Caesar's Palace.

And I must fit in atleast one game of Steam and Iron.

Love long weekends...

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on April 06, 2012, 08:18:38 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 06, 2012, 08:09:09 PM

If only you could all be as whipped as me ;-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Svend Karlson

Battle Academy Multiplayer, I'm not the most prolific, but I've played in excess of 25 MP games now and am still loving it.

I picked up Unity of Command in the sale and am learning the ropes in anticipation of some MP games of that too. Having just completed the tutorial and introductory scenario, I can see the elegance of this game. It does feel like a tabletop game to me too, which I like very much. I probably won't like the mechanic that discourages use of prestige for reinforcement, but I intend to enjoy MP as much as SP anyway, so this won't get in the way I dare say.

I'm also having a crack at Shogun 2, starting with Rise (not Fall) of the Samurai. My family alliance partner is eliminated, I have 7 well developed provinces and 3 foreign trade routes, but I'm at war with no allies against 3 other mid-sized clans and pirates are raiding my harbors. I do like how in this scenario, even towns with no units stationed can generate significant garrisons thanks to buildings, which makes town defences more likely to be successful than in the standard Shogun 2 campaign.

Arctic Blast

Most of this weekend will be eaten up playing with the nieces and nephew, so we'll probably get some board games like Flash Point : Fire Rescue and Survive out on the table.

Aside from that, MAYBE we'll get a chance to work in some Fury of Dracula with the adults in the evening.

I'll likely get in to a few BF3 matches. Might have time to play some Batman.

Gusington

My first Fall of the Samurai campaign is just about over. I never possessed more than 5 provinces! I teched up nicely and had some high quality naval forces but I never could make things happen on land. Basically because I never even thought to attack other clans who were leaning towards the Emperor like I was. Now that I've got that straight I am toying with starting a domination campaign (50 provinces captured and no time limit) or starting a Civ IV '1862' campaign just for a quick change of pace. May also play some Guns of Icarus if there's time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Completed my Gears of War 3 single player campaign and leveled my guy up to level 15 in multiplayer.  I played Horde mode and Casual Team Deathmatch.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk