Any news of Easter sales?

Started by Tpek, April 08, 2012, 02:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

I'm surprised Steam has not announced any sales for this Easter.
Neither have I seen Gamersgate, Impulse/Gamestop or GreenManGaming do any specials for this year's Easter.

How come the Internet is silent about it this year?

Staggerwing

*pundit voice*
Perhaps they've realized that it is costing them more distribute those games than they were bringing in at the sale prices.
Oh, wait...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

ArizonaTank

They've already reeled us in.... ;)

I think the only sale I saw was Gamefly....and they are just trying to win us back after their take over of Direct2Drive debacle.

http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Search/?kw=SpringSale2012&icid=sspmus#.T4ICndny17Q

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Nefaro

Gamersgate & Amazon now have some nice sales up.

I thought Steam has slacked in it's sales since before Christmas, compared to the others.  Slow to put them up, and not much to choose from, although there is occasionally a real nice price on one when they do (generally the only ones I buy there anyway).  I think Amazon is doing a decent job of moving in on the digital download market with some of their sales I've seen lately.  Unfortunately, I already own many of the good sales they've had thus far so I'm still on the lookout.

republic

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-1CBIGPACK/1c-complete-pack-bundle

Gamersgate has all the 1c games they carry for $20.  I almost got it, but I'm committed to learning and playing what I have...even if it kills me.  :)