Main Menu

Crimson Skies

Started by Gusington, April 12, 2012, 07:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Staggerwing I need new shorts. I'll send you the dry cleaning bill. After a rudimentary search I have found people that can and cannot run it under Windows 7. Downloading the demo now, thanks again Staggerwing. Fingers crossed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Godspeed little Gusman.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

It's going to take a while...I'll probably have to wait til tomorrow to test. In the meantime if anyone has an actual working copy on their Windows 7 machine please post and let me know!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Seriously, good luck. It took me 2 weekends to get XP running on my MacBook. Installing and updating Skyrim was most of another afternoon. And fighting with Steam the other day almost stopped me from buying Nav War Arctic Circle.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2012, 08:57:39 PM
Staggerwing I need new shorts. I'll send you the dry cleaning bill.

You dry-clean your underwear!?! What, are they pure silk or somefink? Next you'll tell me that one of our members
had an actual bidet in their bathroom. Oh, wait...

Quote from: GusingtonAfter a rudimentary search I have found people that can and cannot run it under Windows 7. Downloading the demo now, thanks again Staggerwing. Fingers crossed.

Good luck. You may have to do some tweaking. It was probably meant for win95 or 98.

I'll try installing my copy this weekend, kids willing...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^Me too. PLEASE post results here if you can remember. And 'twas just a joke about the undies...I'm not wearing any!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 12, 2012, 09:04:31 PM
You dry-clean your underwear!?! What, are they pure silk or somefink? Next you'll tell me that one of our members
had an actual bidet in their bathroom. Oh, wait...

All trucking jokes aside, it's my understanding that no one less luminary than Winston Churchill favored silk undies.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2012, 09:23:22 PM
And 'twas just a joke about the undies...I'm not wearing any!

I KNEW IT !!

Gusington

I am substantially more frisky when going commando.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

True love shines brightly this evening.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

I think he's substantially friskier whenever the wind blows, but what do I know?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Centurion40

Quote from: mirth on April 12, 2012, 07:52:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2012, 07:51:01 PM
I'm dipping into some steampunk games again (Vessel, Guns of Icarus) and I have always wanted to, but never have, played the PC version of Crimson Skies. I can pick up a copy for ~.46 cents but I want to know if you guys think it holds up since it is 10+ years old. What say you all?

I played the Xbox version and it was a blast. Don't see how you can go wrong with the PC version at that price.

Ditto.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd