It's Friday the 13th...

Started by LongBlade, April 13, 2012, 04:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

So far I've played in no particular order; Dawn of War II: Retribution, Operation Darkness, Hexic, Battlefield Heroes.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

I have been playing a shit ton of Mount and Blade Warband this weekend on the cRPG server.  It is such mindless fun.  For those of you who aren't familiar with cRPG, basically you create a character that starts out at level 1 and little gear and then you build experience and gold by playing online against other players.  You character is saved to your cRPG account so it's persistent.  As you gain gold and experience you level up and can buy better gear.  Eventually when your character gets too old, or you retire him, you can "heirloom" items to your next character or something like that. 

I can't believe how fun this is.  The "siege" map is more fun than the "battle" map because you can respawn in 30 seconds or less on the siege map but in battle you're out until the round is over.  This gives you a chance to fight a lot more and learn skills faster.  The first couple of levels were really tough, but I've finally got to level 21 (maybe 5 or 6 hours of playing?) and I bought a kick-ass Danish Greatsword that is just a beast.  And I'm getting better at the game so I can wade into enemies and start getting some kills.  I definitely encourage you to take a look at cRPG if you enjoy multiplayer M&B.

On the same note, I downloaded a few Warband mods as well- Europe 1200, and Mount and Blade 1257. 

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Been mostly unpacking and messing around with the games from my Noble Knight order.

I'll probably get in some BF3 later today, too.

Gusington

I haven't played anything yet this weekend as the weather has been so nice. I may play a little Guns of Icarus tonight if I can.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I just bought and installed Crusader Kings 2 from Amazon.com.  I don't know if I'll get to it today, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs