Main Menu

Borderlands

Started by Bison, April 15, 2012, 07:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Anyone ever play this co-op? 

I've never played the game, but my brother is really excited to play this co-op.  Just trying to get a feel for what to expect when I fire it up later tonight.

Nefaro

The single-player is a lot of fun, but I hear the Co-Op is outstanding.  Never tried that, though.

Bison

I started playing last night.  The tab screen has a wonky interface.  It angers me.

I do like shooting crap, so it's got that going for it.

RooksBailey

It's one of my favorite shooters.  I love the art direction, and the randomly generated guns are a lot of fun to collect.  Never tried co-op, but SP was a blast!

Highly recommended from me (I even wrote an editorial about the game).
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

eyebiter

Bison

I don't have a gamespy account.  It can be done through a local host, but yeah they need a server setup like L4D or most other FPS games.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: eyebiter on April 16, 2012, 03:52:06 PM
Borderlands uses Gamespy for it's networking service. 

Hopefully with Borderlands 2 the networking be through Steam instead...

Yep, they've dropped Gamespy for Steamworks MP integration for the second game.

I think I put bout 65 hours in to the first one, and the first DLC add on. Really liked it.

Bison

OK.  I realized I did have a gamespy account.  Don't remember signing up, but whatever.  The multiplayer is pretty fun, it's just the single player game done as a team and slightly harder.  I picked the sniper class, which I'm not really liking atm.