Metal Gear Solid PC and Steam

Started by jomni, August 13, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

That's it.  No more reason to get the PS4 for me. This is truly the age of PC gaming.
http://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid-v-is-coming-to-pc-1620931594

jomni

It's expensive.   >:(  Console pricing!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287700?snr=1_41_4__42

Jarhead0331

So what? Its going to be awesome.

First you're thrilled its saving you $400 on a PS4 and now you're pissed you have to pay a little more for the PC game? Besides, the AAA releases these days are usually $59.99 on the PC, anyway.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

Not to mention you'll probably be able to get it for half that by the end of the year.

jomni

Yeah. Still buying. :smitten:

September's going to be busy. With this and Nobunaga's Ambition (English Version).

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on August 05, 2015, 07:58:26 PM
Yeah. Still buying. :smitten:

September's going to be busy. With this and Nobunaga's Ambition (English Version).

That's the spirit!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Although these are reviews for playstation...sounding promising if of version comes close

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

We should combine the threads.  JD's post is fighting with my post for popularity. And it's winning. O0

JudgeDredd

Only because I was an idiot and bitched about the wrong game so everyone wants to keep that one up top so people know what an arse I am!  O:-)
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

I don't care which thread is used:)

Downloaded and installed MG this morning, along with Mad Max....going to be a busy week....too bad I have to work today so won't have any time to actually play until late tonight....will be monitoring thread in case others get a chance before then.

JudgeDredd

I'll be on it in 6 hours  ;D

I haven't ordered Mad Max yet. I thought about it - but I thought I'd wait for feedback because it reminded me of RAGE....not that that is a bad thing. At least in "look" it reminded me of RAGE. But I haven't read a whole lot about Mad Max - but it's on my radar.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Games based on movies are almost always guaranteed to suck. It's just a law of nature.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2015, 04:48:29 AM
Games based on movies are almost always guaranteed to suck. It's just a law of nature.
That kind of works the other way too  ;D
Alba gu' brath