Metal Gear Solid PC and Steam

Started by jomni, August 13, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Nobunaga's Ambition is coming out today.

Jarhead0331

What??? I thought it wasn't due for release until the end of the month??.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2015, 04:48:29 AM
Games based on movies are almost always guaranteed to suck. It's just a law of nature.

I don't have high expectations but got pretty cheap so thought worth a shot, especially if the car battles end up being somewhat fun.

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2015, 05:53:17 AM
What??? I thought it wasn't due for release until the end of the month??.

4 hours to go on my side.

US release is 1st September.
EU release is 4th September.

JasonPratt

Initial Steam reviews on Mad Max are overwhelmingly positive.

Essentially: Max Payne + Batman: Arkham + better Batmobile system + larger gameworld sandbox + vastly much more polished game out of the gate than Arkham Knight was.

Quite a number of shots from movie sets/incidents in the game trailer, though I suspect the same stories won't be used. Did I see the Golden Gate bridge??? Did he drive across the dried up Pacific??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 01, 2015, 09:14:49 AM
Initial Steam reviews on Mad Max are overwhelmingly positive.

Essentially: Max Payne + Batman: Arkham + better Batmobile system + larger gameworld sandbox + vastly much more polished game out of the gate than Arkham Knight was.

Quite a number of shots from movie sets/incidents in the game trailer, though I suspect the same stories won't be used. Did I see the Golden Gate bridge??? Did he drive across the dried up Pacific??

I suspect those are from Mad Max IP super fans. The majority of the commercial reviews seem lukewarm, at best.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

DAMN! Why don't all games bloody pre-load. I've now got ages to wait for this game to download!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

lol - 20GB in 30 minutes. Slow start seemingly!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Well I've been in this over an hour - and that is the craziest freakin ride I can ever recall in a game. Not a lot of interaction - and painfully slow in places - but I didn't want to skip any of it.

I've never seen an intro like it. Over an hour in and when I eventually exited after finishing the first part and getting to the first chapter, it said 1% complete!!

Mental.
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 01, 2015, 03:22:17 PM
Well I've been in this over an hour - and that is the craziest freakin ride I can ever recall in a game. Not a lot of interaction - and painfully slow in places - but I didn't want to skip any of it.

I've never seen an intro like it. Over an hour in and when I eventually exited after finishing the first part and getting to the first chapter, it said 1% complete!!

Mental.

The previous Metal Gear titles.

Jarhead0331

Yeah...that prologue sure was trippy. I have no idea WTF is going on.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2015, 09:39:19 PM
Yeah...that prologue sure was trippy. I have no idea WTF is going on.
Trippy is an excellent way to describe it!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on September 01, 2015, 11:32:13 PM
Check this out.
http://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-says-goodbye-to-metal-gear-solid-and-its-1728135026?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
There's something kind of "fake" about watching a video of people blowing smoke up people's arses to be honest. I just felt uncomfortable watching that video...like a promo with "the god" present.  :-X
Alba gu' brath

jomni

If you've played Metal Gear from the start, Kojima is a God. Really.