Metal Gear Solid PC and Steam

Started by jomni, August 13, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 21, 2015, 06:22:09 PM
I ran like a little girl. Every time I have tried to fight them, I've died. I really dislike the paranormal crap. Still, it's an outstanding game overall.

Ran into them in Africa again.  I just used my trusty RPG on them.

sandman2575

Quote from: jomni on October 21, 2015, 06:35:26 PM
Ran into them in Africa again.  I just used my trusty RPG on them.

The "parasite skulls" squad?  Yeah, I tried running away about a dozen times before I read on the internets that no, you actually have to fight them this time. So I teched up D-Walker and eliminated the bastards, although it was close.

The Skulls = Worst. Enemy. Ever.

Seriously, could these guys be more infuriating??  I freaking hate encountering them. It's not fun.

Arctic Blast

Once you get their pattern down, they aren't too difficult. Time your dive for when they're about to melee to avoid being half killed in one shot. Unload on them when they're slowly stalking in towards you (prior to their melee strike). NEVER stay out in the open, or they'll collectively blast you to pieces. If you do take a bunch of damage, just go running through any area that contains a lot of obstacles and cover until you heal. Turrets can hit them hard, but their melee will destroy the entire thing (learned that the wrong way when they obliterated an AA gun I was firing at one of them) with that melee strike...so don't stay too long! Stick and move, stick and move, stick and move.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 21, 2015, 06:22:09 PM
I ran like a little girl. Every time I have tried to fight them, I've died. I really dislike the paranormal crap. Still, it's an outstanding game overall.
lmao

I think I was actually screaming inside like a wee girl too. Don't like 'em...scary. I don't know what the "HoneyBee" did...but when I aimed it, they were just around me blowing the crap out of me...so I started running and crying and then died.

Exit to come back another day.

I've actually hardly touched the PC from a gaming perspective since I had to rebuild it.  :(
Alba gu' brath

Skoop

You can actually unlock the parasite suit and go back to the missions with skulls and knock em out then extract them to get parasites to use.  Once you do this you can warp around like them, haven't done it and you can't use it in fob missions so I kinda don't care.  It might have been useful early game, but it's pointless now.

sandman2575

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 21, 2015, 09:09:12 PM
Once you get their pattern down, they aren't too difficult. Time your dive for when they're about to melee to avoid being half killed in one shot. Unload on them when they're slowly stalking in towards you (prior to their melee strike). NEVER stay out in the open, or they'll collectively blast you to pieces. If you do take a bunch of damage, just go running through any area that contains a lot of obstacles and cover until you heal. Turrets can hit them hard, but their melee will destroy the entire thing (learned that the wrong way when they obliterated an AA gun I was firing at one of them) with that melee strike...so don't stay too long! Stick and move, stick and move, stick and move.

Meant to say good tips, by the way.

I still hate these guys.

Think I need to take a break from MGSV for the time being -- have kind of stuffed myself full the past couple weeks, and some aspects are starting to feel a bit stale and routine --