Main Menu

Naval War Patched

Started by LongBlade, April 16, 2012, 01:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

A new patch is just downloading to my machine. According to the release notes on Steam:

Product Update - Valve
1.0.3.3 (04-16-2012)

GUI:
- Fixed: Changed font in Victory/Defeat screen when using Norwegian language to handle special characters (æøå).

Gameplay:
- Fixed: Weapons that can target surface units can now target submarines that's on the surface.

Database:
- Added: Localization of "Tutorial 5: Radar"
- Updated: 'C01S11: Wings of Retribution' scenario difficulty increased. Added more enemy air, reduced own offensive units and added spotter for enemies.
- Updated: Reduced effectiveness of torpedo decoy.
- Updated: 'JAS-39 Gripen' Air superiority Amraam load increased from 4 to 6. Air superiority (LR) added 2 Amraam.
- Fixed: 'C01S07: Baltic Breakout' victory condition for enemy could never be met.
- Fixed: 'C01S12: Ragnarok Armada' victory condition.
- Fixed: 'C02S06: Hide and Seek' victory condition for destroying airport.
- Fixed: Removed trailing dialog entry in dialog before 'C02S07: Northern Lights'.
- Fixed: Broken newspaper body before last Russian campaign mission.
- Fixed: StrengthPercent is changed to percentages for jammers.
- Fixed: Patriot SAM Base misnamed.
- Fixed: Ronneby spelling.

Input:
- Fixed: Mouse wheel and keyboard not working for people that had previously played other Unity3D games that required DirectInput.

Misc:
- Fixed: Several causes of game crashing removed. Also added more logging to track down harder to identify ones.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Cool. Nice that they're working on things.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on April 16, 2012, 01:28:54 PM
Cool. Nice that they're working on things.

With Paradox behind them patches were as certain as the early release.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on April 16, 2012, 01:31:06 PM

QFT. I've wondered about the seemingly rushed release and the connection to Paradox. This does fit with the Paradox MO.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on April 16, 2012, 01:33:18 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 16, 2012, 01:31:06 PM

QFT. I've wondered about the seemingly rushed release and the connection to Paradox. This does fit with the Paradox MO.

I have seen Paradox release a patch three years after a game was complete - just to improve the gameplay. Generally speaking I think they have established a brand that is proud to release a slightly buggy game and then follow on with patches well beyond after the bugs were squashed. It does have its critics, but you can't argue with their success.

mirth

I'm thankful for the level of attention that is being given to a $20 "value" game in a niche genre.

mirth

The only downside being that it seems like every time I start the game, I have to wait 20 mins for the latest update ;)

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on April 16, 2012, 01:40:29 PM
I'm thankful for the level of attention that is being given to a $20 "value" game in a niche genre.

Funny thing is, I don't consider it a value game. I think it's capable of giving Fleet Command a run for a light naval wargame. Not too complex, but just complex enough to make things interesting. I'm going to want to spend several more days with it before I can feel satisfied that I can review it, but so far I think there's a lot to like, despite the bugs.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on April 16, 2012, 01:43:48 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 16, 2012, 01:40:29 PM

Funny thing is, I don't consider it a value game. I think it's capable of giving Fleet Command a run for a light naval wargame. Not too complex, but just complex enough to make things interesting. I'm going to want to spend several more days with it before I can feel satisfied that I can review it, but so far I think there's a lot to like, despite the bugs.

I only meant from a pricing standpoint. I don't really think of it as a value game in the quality sense. It's way above that even with the bugs it may have had at release.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Wish they'd get back to patching PRoN...  Still bitter over that one. Serves me right for listening to a certain poster on another site with premature revaculation syndrome.  His NWAC review was up within 24 hours of initial game release.

MIGMaster

Pinetree

I'm hoping they get savegames in soon, 2 little ones and a baby plus 2 hour scenarios don't mix. :)
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

MIGMaster

Been there, man ! I feel your pain (and sleep deprivation) !

jomni

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 16, 2012, 01:49:05 PM
Wish they'd get back to patching PRoN...  Still bitter over that one. Serves me right for listening to a certain poster on another site with premature revaculation syndrome.  His NWAC review was up within 24 hours of initial game release.

PRoN is conceptually broken and unfixable.

Herman Hum

Quote from: jomni on April 16, 2012, 09:12:36 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 16, 2012, 01:49:05 PM

PRoN is conceptually broken and unfixable.
IMO, the concept is sound.  The execution is pure Mickey Mouse laughable.
ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions