Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor ?

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 28, 2014, 07:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

This one kind of sneaked up on me.....after reading a roundup of reviews at this link, has me thinking this needs to be another purchase of mine:)  Comes out on September 30th.

Anybody else looking to buy this or has any other information on it?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review-roundup/1100-6422592/

Jarhead0331

Yes. We were discussing it in the console forum. I think it looks awesome. Not sure if I will buy it on the PC or the ps4.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Thanks JH, will have to look over at the console section for comments....I plan to get on PC myself.

Grim.Reaper

By the way, for those planning to buy for PC, at GMG there is a 25% off coupon making it only $37.....here is the code. 

SEPTEM-BEROFF-ER25XX

Tpek

I've already pre-ordered through GMG and the Season Pass through Gamersgate (GMG for some reason had no deals for pre-ordering the season pass).
It's supposed to come out this Tuesday, which caught me by surprise as well since I remembered it was supposed to be October 7th or something like that.

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

I'm interested in this too. I read some chatter on a possible release date delay but that seems to have been cleared up by now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

What is a "season pass?"

I'm eyeballing this game, but only because of the Tolkien link.  I didn't think the game looked all that interesting- but that's just me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on September 28, 2014, 01:15:18 PM
What is a "season pass?"

I'm eyeballing this game, but only because of the Tolkien link.  I didn't think the game looked all that interesting- but that's just me.

Season Pass Includes:

- Guardians of the Flaming Eye Exclusive Warband Mission: Face Sauron's elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Wolf's Head rune
- Trials of War Challenge Series: Play the full series of 4 challenge modes: Test of Power, Test of Speed, Test of Wisdom and the Endless challenge. Earn points for power, skill, speed and efficiency and build your Legend on the Leaderboards.
- Lord of the Hunt Story Mission: Dive deeper into Mordor's living world and hunt the wild beasts of Mordor to earn unique runes.
- The Bright Lord Story Mission: Battle against Sauron as Celebrimbor, the great Elven Lord of the Second Age, to unlock powerful runes and the ability to wield the One Ring.
- Future content including additional Warband Missions, Runes, & Skins: Enhance your weapons with powerful Runes and customize Talion's appearance with unique skins.

Not all listed content is available on 9/30. Each DLC will be added to your Steam account as it becomes available in the Steam store.

Toonces

So a season pass is like a version that has all the DLC included?  Ok.  I ask because I've seen it on a few games.  I thought maybe it was something like a one-year subscription or something....I wasn't really sure actually.  I guess I could've just read the fine print.   :idiot2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Thank you for asking...I've seen it a few times too and didn't know what it meant either.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

It's a damned annoyance just like the DLC distribution.  Games no longer cost $50-60, but much, much more when you add in the additional content packages.

Swatter

Bear in mind that the publisher is not releasing review copies before the release day. Historically speaking, that is a red flag.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Swatter on September 28, 2014, 05:25:27 PM
Bear in mind that the publisher is not releasing review copies before the release day. Historically speaking, that is a red flag.

Bunch of reviews although for console.  Thinking pc won't be much different.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review-roundup/1100-6422592/

Gusington

Wait a few months and the cost will be halved, especially at the end of the year with Steam sales.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd