Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor ?

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 28, 2014, 07:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Even though I want it, likely won't pick up day one after all.  Forgot fps football should be out this week so reserving funds for that.  No doubt I'll still get this at some point.

Gusington

^Yes, there is a lot coming out in the next couple of months to keep all of us occupied.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on September 28, 2014, 06:52:12 PM
Wait a few months and the cost will be halved, especially at the end of the year with Steam sales.
[/quote

True about many games right now. I was debating Divinity:OS or Wasteland 2 but decided to wait for the year end sales. Not like I don't have enough of a backlog to keep me going for the next decade!

Toonces

You're a complete sucker if you buy a game on day 1 with no reviews out yet.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on September 28, 2014, 11:55:10 PM
You're a complete sucker if you buy a game on day 1 with no reviews out yet.

On a console-to-PC port?  Probably so!

Tpek

Port means it was developed for Console and then ported later to PC.
This was developed for PC&Console simultaneously.

Additionally, I've heard there were already reviews of the PC version (the console version is still supposedly in development).

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on September 29, 2014, 12:35:31 PM

Additionally, I've heard there were already reviews of the PC version (the console version is still supposedly in development).

O Rly? 

I just look down upon PC games that were made for the Console crowd by default.  Partly because something with the graphics gives me a splitting headache in 4 out of 5 of them and don't provide settings to adjust such things (like FOV and POV height). 

They're often shallow action games, too.  Is this supposed to be another Skyrim or will it be the usual console fodder?  :coolsmiley:

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on September 29, 2014, 02:12:20 PM

O Rly? 

I just look down upon PC games that were made for the Console crowd by default.  Partly because something with the graphics gives me a splitting headache in 4 out of 5 of them and don't provide settings to adjust such things (like FOV and POV height). 

They're often shallow action games, too.  Is this supposed to be another Skyrim or will it be the usual console fodder?  :coolsmiley:

I do not disagree it's going to limited because of the need for it to be adapted to consoles,
just stating that a "Console Port" it is still not.

Console Ports are whatever you think they are and worse. Most of them come out with atrocious optimizations and barely work at all.

Gusington

It's got an 85% rating on Metacritic right now and the words 'open' and 'innovative' are being used quite a bit. I am very tempted...especially with the discount from Green Man.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GibbyG

(the console version is still supposedly in development).

Have you seen this somewhere?  Everything I can find still says PS4 version tomorrow

Gusington

There were some odd delays but now it looks like console and PC versions will be tomorrow.

It's available from GMG for 37.50.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GibbyG

I just spoke with Gamestop.  I thought I had it on pre-order for the PS4 so I was wondering why I hadn't gotten notified it was coming out tomorrow.  Checked my account and it says XBOX 360 so I called to correct that.  The clerk told me that the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions will not be out until November so that is why I wasn't notified.  PC, PS4 and XBOX 1 are tomorrow.  Again, according to the clerk at Gamestop  :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Hey, you all were warned.  Jarhead I excuse- he'll buy anything.  The rest of you ought to know better.   :idiot2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs