Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor ?

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 28, 2014, 07:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I played it a bit last night; it's not bad, but some of the missions were infuriating, even right out the gate. There was one where you have to stealth-kill 10 Orcs in 5 minutes. The first time, I failed miserably and was spotted by a half-dozen of them, so I had to fight for my life, and yet the clock kept ticking. The second time I actually killed the 10th one right before the time ran out, but the game infuriatingly didn't see it that way, so I failed it again. I also got my butt kicked by a couple of Captains, and was very surprised to see them level up because of it - not sure if that's cool or scaring me to even try to take them on again. I would think the 'boss' creatures early on would be easy to take on, but that's not the case, here. SoM doesn't do anything to hold your hand, which isn't necessarily bad at all; it just took me by surprise. It plays really well on my new rig so I will definitely be back to it...once I buy a game controller for it.

Gusington

^Every single person I know has had some trouble with the game's missions. Take little nibbles at first or you're in for a world of hurt!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I'm not sure whether I hate this system or love it. I think it's a little of both. It was funny, one of the Captains beat me up and then said to come back when I got better.  ;D

Gusington

Oh yeah they will throw tons of insults at you. Just wait...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

That game is a hoot! -- even my little kitten (now deceased trying to scout out this 'road' thing in front of the house) stopped trying to eat my mouse in order to walk out onto the edge of my foot and meow randomly at the screen, fascinated by it.

This typically happened when... let us say another cat was on the screen.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!