NWAC - Tricky Situation Screen Capture

Started by MIGMaster, April 20, 2012, 06:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIGMaster

I took a chance in this scenario and had my aircraft firing at incoming ssm's with some of my other fighters directly in the kill zone. I suspect there is no friendly fire in the game as all made it back to base safe. I've also never had a situation yet where my aircraft have used their  guns - even when I tried to set up strafing runs on enemy ships or fighters.

Capn Darwin

Nice Pic.
1. To make guns work they have to be explicitly selected from the weapons panel and then target a target. I has one Su27 down 5 typhoons (almost 6 if its fuel wasn't bingo). For whatever reason when all the missiles are gone (long range or otherwise) guns are never given priority. I've talked that point with Jan. Hopefully they can fix it.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

MIGMaster

Thanks for the info - I can get up close and personal with the Ruskies now ! ;)

jomni

Quote from: Capn Darwin on April 20, 2012, 07:01:45 PM
Nice Pic.
1. To make guns work they have to be explicitly selected from the weapons panel and then target a target. I has one Su27 down 5 typhoons (almost 6 if its fuel wasn't bingo). For whatever reason when all the missiles are gone (long range or otherwise) guns are never given priority. I've talked that point with Jan. Hopefully they can fix it.

This applies to ships?  I am annoyed that my (ship) Boffors don't automatically try to shoot down cruise missiles in range even when ROE set to automatically engage.

Capn Darwin

Jomni,

Not sure. I now certain guns like CWIS are shooting on their own. Make sure the ship has radar going and make sure it is set to auto engage bad guy. also make sure the gun system is anti-air capable.

The Devs are working to fix and tweak a number of items and a few modders are poking around the files as well. Where you can jumping in to work the guns can help.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

MIGMaster

Has anybody been experiencing game-ending lock-ups? I can't get thru the last mission in the NATO campaign or the 2nd mission in the Russian campaign they - both lock-up. I thought it mighta been my system, but I did a clean format over the weekend (its been a year so it was time) and installed all new drivers and still the same issue.