Vietnam '65 announced @ Matrixgames/Slitherine

Started by steve58, January 12, 2015, 04:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

tgb

sandman2575

Definitely looks interesting.  Just hope the dev's keep one thing in mind:

Charlie don't surf!!

JudgeDredd

I was hoping for your standard "grog" type game - that looks like Apple bollox

Premature judgement, I know - but it's definitely not the view I was hoping for.  :(
Alba gu' brath

panzerde

^ Agree with JD. Looks like yet another Slitherine tablet game with limited depth.

They clearly want to sell me less stuff.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

sandman2575

I'd prefer something a little more operational / groggy in scope, myself, but I'm curious to see where this goes. I agree, if it's just PanzerCorps in SouthEast Asia, I'll pass. 

Relatively few games devoted to Vietnam, so any attention from game devs must be a good thing, imo.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

I played a preview build on the ipad and it is an interesting game with a lot of potential.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Slick Wilhelm

I didn't see the development team listed. Anyone know who is making it?

DennisS

I am heartily sick of cheap-ass, poor quality tablet games. Give me a complex, grognardy wargame, dammit!   :tickedoff:

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 12, 2015, 08:08:14 PM
I played a preview build on the ipad and it is an interesting game with a lot of potential.
That did not enamour me  :P
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: DennisS on January 12, 2015, 11:01:23 PM
I am heartily sick of cheap-ass, poor quality tablet games. Give me a complex, grognardy wargame, dammit!   :tickedoff:
I feel the same - but - I do understand there is a market for these - it's just definitely not me.

I looked at the Matrix Coming Soon section the other day and it made me a bit sad. Absolutely nothing (bar Brother Against Brother) to look forward to (for me).

I suppose games like this

• Possibly create new potential groggies
  • Keep the finances ticking over
But they do nothing for me.
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 12, 2015, 06:03:52 PM
I was hoping for your standard "grog" type game - that looks like Apple bollox

Premature judgement, I know - but it's definitely not the view I was hoping for.  :(
+1

the graphics / art design turning me somewhat away.... even so the gameplay underneath may be good, we will find out

i would have wished for playing it on a 'kind of topo map' and with military symbols/icons ...Westmoreland's-HQ -style and not with cartoon-ish animated sprites where everything is blown out of proportion n size.   

is this the same game? ...or an earlier developing stage?   

...before some lead artist turned it into ridiculous beer hot milk 'n pretzels looks

- - - edit - - -

the first vid is actually an early stage! ...and its free to test on the PC here   8)
http://www.vietnam65.com/download-prototype.html