Vietnam '65 announced @ Matrixgames/Slitherine

Started by steve58, January 12, 2015, 04:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

Still - you start taking combat penalties every 3 turns or so?  That's ridiculous.

JasonPratt

I'm hoping this is an option and not an ironclad rule.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

The helicopters don't deliver a set number of supplies. They each deliver the maximum supplies needed to top off whichever unit they're assigned to. In fact you can change your supply target mid run, and the new target tops off just the same.

The solution would be to add more days of supply per unit, I think. Right now standard American infantry gets 5 days before expiring. Jump that to 8, but the last three days are technically out of supply and so they take combat penalty hits until they starve. Other units go up the same way.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tosh

Official update announcement:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3841680

To me it seems these changes will further improve the game. We´ll see.  ;)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

tgb

I don't see anything on that list about supply affecting combat.  Perhaps they thought better of it.

JasonPratt

Thank God. Though I would have been okay with that being an option.

The rule additions/changes do solve a riddle I had been curious about: whether negative political was even possible in the game and/or whether it meant an instant loss. Since once negative p-sup has been reached the American team would necessarily enter a painful paralyzing death spiral.

Combat bonuses and penalties for terrain, spotting and weather: I had heard about weather before, not about terrain and spotting. Great!

M113 has detection when carrying friendly infantry: I had honestly forgotten, or never learned from the rules, that the APCs could carry infantry like the helicopters.

This of course begs the question of why helicopters cannot similarly detect (and perhaps even better).  :P

I am pretty much in favor of all changes and additions.  O0

JasonPratt

Note that the list may still be missing some details, however: the subsequent screenshots show a clarification of what minesweeping affects (I thought it was out three hexes, actually two, which to be fair makes a lot more sense -- even only one hex out would make more sense to be fair, or rather minesweeping ought to equal scouting detection).

JasonPratt

If you're like me, and I know I am, you've been logging onto Steam every day wondering when the new V65 update was going to release.

So, an update on the update: now tentatively scheduled for May 20.

Vietnam65

We have finished the development, will submit to Apple this week and who knows, could be sooner  ;)

JasonPratt

Squee!

...no. No I did not just squee. (Sigh.)

JasonPratt

New official update release date: June 1.

JasonPratt

THE PROMISED TIME HAS COME!

After a weekend complaining about March having 30 and 31 days, the game updated today. Short update, only a few dozen Megs. Haven't played it yet. (Pretty massive Mordheim Early Access update 5, more like 2.5 Gigs, but of course a much different game.)

May hold off playing the update for a few days to let other people trip over the hotpatch bait. ;)

DennisS

I like the new game sliders, adjusting the difficulty settings. Everything I have read says that this can be a brutally difficult game.

Not much fun when you get yer ass handed to you regularly.