It's Friday Night...

Started by LongBlade, February 03, 2012, 05:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

I've gotten back into Armada 2526 Supernova the last few days, and not just with the usual PBEM campaigns.  Have been playing a lot of SP (as the Volmar) as well.  Fun! 

That being said, I may try and play a little Distant Worlds: Legends as well.  The new beta patch is out, and it's a pretty impressive list of changes/improvements in this latest version. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Going to get in some Dead Space 2. And I might bust out one of my solo board games if I have time tomorrow, too.

Toonces

Quote from: Toonces on February 03, 2012, 10:06:21 PM
I'll be going with:

Mount and Blade: Warband with the Hundred Years War mod

King Arthur (original campaign)

And maybe some Medieval 2: Total War or Oblivion

Well, I'm pretty pleased with myself.  It's Saturday night and I've played all of the games on my list (except M2TW, but I suspect that will get a workout tomorrow).

My desktop died, which put Skyrim out of reach.  Fortunately, I took it as a sign of fate and picked up my Oblivion campaign.  Unfortunately, I had to backtrack about 10 hours since I had my latest save on my desktop, but even so, I feel I'm back in the groove.  I had to real quick kill Hadril and then I managed to find the Shivering Isles, so I'm on that quest line which is a nice change of pace.  I actually wanted to do the Knights of the Nine quest, but I guess I got confused on the quests and now, well, here I am.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Shelldrake

Quote from: Toonces on February 05, 2012, 03:56:04 AM
Well, I'm pretty pleased with myself.  It's Saturday night and I've played all of the games on my list (except M2TW, but I suspect that will get a workout tomorrow).

My desktop died, which put Skyrim out of reach.  Fortunately, I took it as a sign of fate and picked up my Oblivion campaign.  Unfortunately, I had to backtrack about 10 hours since I had my latest save on my desktop, but even so, I feel I'm back in the groove.  I had to real quick kill Hadril and then I managed to find the Shivering Isles, so I'm on that quest line which is a nice change of pace.  I actually wanted to do the Knights of the Nine quest, but I guess I got confused on the quests and now, well, here I am.

I have just started the Knights of the Nine quest myself. I would like to at least finish this quest before cracking open Skyrim.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Toonces

where did you find knights of the nine on your map?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

Arise from the grave forum Friday gaming thread!

Mount and Blade Warband
CMBN or WIA

Skyrim has a massive update, so no playing tonight.

Gusington

^That is an awesome image and got my attention. I will be continuing my Fall of the Samurai campaign. Getting shelled (literally) right now after making some naval and financial mistakes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

So are you of the opinion that the naval aspect is overpowered?

steve58

I'm going to do a bit of Rise of Flight and maybe see how many Kerbalnauts I can kill in the 0.14.3 version of KSP.  Around 11pm I'm going to be glued to my TV to see if my $10 MegaMillions investment blosooms into $640,000,000 :P
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

I'm still going with:

Mount and Blade
King Arthur
SKYRIM!!!

and I'm sure I'll be playing some Rise of Flight this weekend. 

Recently I discovered the mindless fun of playing quick survival matches online of Left 4 Dead 2, and depending on how much I drink, I may switch to L4D2 at some point.  Man, just too much fun!

bob48

Some FSX for me having just downloaded this baby,
http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?view.648

Then I have WSR Operation Cobra on the table.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

@Bison: naval bombardment during the land battles can be a little overwhelming. When first trying it out I lost a lot of troops to my own friendly naval fire. I haven't enough experience yet in Fall of the Samurai to judge of the naval aspect is over powered when dealing with other navies. I think I'm about to find out though, probably tonight.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

Quote from: bob48 on March 30, 2012, 12:46:11 PM
Some FSX for me having just downloaded this baby,
http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?view.648

Then I have WSR Operation Cobra on the table.

OMG - that looks great - I luv the Buccaneer ! Have a good time Dude !

Shelldrake

My PBEM Armada 2526 Supernova campaigns, Shogun 2 and if time permits get into Fallout New Vegas on my PS3.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

tgb

Just got FotS today, so that's where I'll be putting in my time.