It's Friday Night...

Started by LongBlade, February 03, 2012, 05:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Nastyface

Friday PM and Sat AM...I will be at the Trumpeter Salute game con in Burnaby BC.  Hoping to play some Supremacy of the Seas tonight, and perhaps some Legends of the Old West tomorrow AM.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

mikeck

Fall of the Samurai for me...maybe some Ageods ACW with the new mega patch.

Bison, I believe the naval bombardment of tactical battles is a little much, but nothing the modders cant handle. As for naval v. naval, I dont find it overpowered at all. I mean, explosive shells will utterly destroy wooden ships...just like real life (although there are complaints on the forums) so get iron clads.

Either way, watching naval artillery shells coming down on the enemy's newly formed up line of infantry is just plain ol' fun.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

W8taminute

I plan on the following:

XBOX:

Birds of Steel (just picked this one up and can't wait to try it)
Magic 2012 (need a few more victories to complete the Archenemy campaign)
Halo: Reach (trying to get a couple of achievements completed)
Dynasty Warriors 7

PC:

Dawn of War II
Dawn of War II: Retribution (just picked this up last week and haven't had a chance to test drive yet)
Battlefield Heroes
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Arctic Blast

Going to try out Trapped Dead and probably some more Arkham City on the PC. In the board game realm, more Sentinels of the Multiverse, probably some Gears of War (your damn review video got me jazzed to play it again, SoM!) and perhaps I'll make an attempt at learning Space Infantry.

Greybriar

Mostly EVE Online this weekend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Seytan

I picked up DAO and hmm ME1. Been fooling about with both. Have to say though after playing DAO a bit I really appreciate the open world of Skyrim much more now. DAO seems like a NWN expansion.

TheCommandTent

Board game night last night with friends included Pandemic and Citadel.

Probably some Shogun 2 RotS and maybe some Minecraft.

I finally got all the stickers on my Command and Colors game so maybe I'll get that out and see if I could get the rules down.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

I'd been playing around a bit with Hannibal: Rome & Carthage the last day or two. 

However, I'm going to be pretty busy today & tomorrow, so I probably won't have much time for gaming.  My Armada 2526 Supernova PBEM campaigns are the only ones likely to get any attention from me -- if that. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

I played a lot of modded Mount and Blade Warband this weekend. 

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on April 01, 2012, 07:19:24 AM
I played a lot of modded Mount and Blade Warband this weekend.

What mods are you using?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Well it depends.  If I feel like just playing the game with some revamping to the tax and relations systems, I play diplomacy.  A small little mod to vanilla.  I've also been playing with Floris Expanded which is a great mod that add a ton to the vanilla game like a entirely new character creation system, but I'm not convince that I installed it correctly on the computer.  I'm getting some texture issues.  Native expansion is another mod that add to vanilla that I've been playing around with too.

However, the mod I've been trying to advance in this weekend is called Brytenwalda.  It takes the M&B system and places it into dark ages England and Ireland.  It is freaking brutal.  I'm playing a wandering Germanic celtic priest in Ireland.  It's not going well at all.

Toonces

Funny enough, I've been playing a bit of Mount and Blade this weekend to.  Everyone raves about it so much, I'm just determined to keep trying it until I start having fun and see what all the hype is about.

That Brytenwalda mod sounds really interesting...google, here I come!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

Toonces it is not for the faint of heart.  You will die...a lot.  You will get pissed...a lot.  But when you finally win a battle, it's great!

M&B Mods
M&B Mods http://www.mbrepository.com/index.php

Brytenwalda specifically
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2115

Jack Nastyface

FWIW...played a couple of tabletop miniature wargames this week - specifically Supremacy at Sea and Legends of the Old West at Trumpeter Salute.  Lots of fun had by all.  LotOW is a simple game but was quite the hoot!  Definately looking forward to another round one day.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Toonces

Hey Bison,
I got in a bit of Brytenwalda last night.  About 5 seconds after leaving the first castle I got attacked, surrendered, lost all of my silver, clothes and weapons, and got dumped off in some foreign country. 

Yes, it does seem like a tough mod!

However, it definitely seems like it is more in line with what I am looking for from Mount and Blade.  Thanks for mentioning it! 

I'm going to need to start a new character, but within 20 minutes of starting my first campaign I was in a 200+ vs. 200+ battle.  Nice!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs