It's Friday Night...

Started by LongBlade, February 03, 2012, 05:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

One of the major changes to the core game mechanics in this mod is there is no couching of lances.  I usually play a heavy cavalry knight, so I've had to readapt my typical character build.

I've found that I need to recruit a few locals and buy the help of a hero straight away.  Then spend the next few hours attacking the small bandit groups I can find and running from all else.  Evenually you can take on higher level groups.  It's very important to go slow and take your time.

Oche

M&B Warband is just an awesome game. I just hope that one day you could do the same in the total war series, get in the heat of the battle in 1st person view with thousands of soldiers in the battlefield while commanding your army at the same time.

Gusington

^They are kinda sorta leaning in that direction in Fall of the Samurai with first person use of Gatling guns.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

Talk about stealing a page from MoW.
Hey! You should be able to control any soldier. Set army on AI with a objective (ty latest patch) while playing as a soldier. Omg! Fap, Fap, Fap!
;D

Gusington

^I wouldn't be surprised if TW went in that direction eventually.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

Of course! Just like aiming the guns which no one have time to do in a serious battle, no one can play fps style while controlling the battle. Does that mean we can expect better AI? ;)
Speaking of better ai. I've been playing RotS these  last few days and naval ai is retarded.

Gusington

I haven't used the FPS mode yet but a lot of peeps rave about it over at TWC. Also haven't played ROTS yet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd