Homeworld Remastered Available for Pre-Order

Started by Jarhead0331, January 25, 2015, 02:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 02, 2015, 07:38:59 AM
Quote from: jomni on March 02, 2015, 03:21:30 AM
What are the red numbers?

I'm guessing, but the red numbers seem to only be in categories that have reached or exceeded the maximum ship cap.

Is it per battle?  But you can still own more than the cap.

GDS_Starfury

while you can only build so much you arent limited by those numbers if you capture ships.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Martok

Well TotalBiscuit definitely likes it: 

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 03, 2015, 12:47:06 PM
So whos up for some multiplayer action?
Oh lord, just what we need -- the Homeworld version of MetalDog...  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Martok on March 04, 2015, 03:21:34 PM
So whos up for some multiplayer action?
Oh lord, just what we need -- the Homeworld version of MetalDog...  :P
[/quote]

except Im actually good at this game.   ;)

Con

OK broke down and bought this.  Along with the anticipated purchase of Command Ops 2 in the near future I had better keep a low gaming profile from the wife for the next couple of months.

On the plus side its been so long since I played Homeworld it will be like playing a brand new game.  Also Totalbiscuit video got me to nostalgic to pass it up.

Con

GDS_Starfury

I really wish there where set piece battles in the multi player version of the game.  no resource collection or anything.  one fleet vs another.

GDS_Starfury

first updates released today.  thats a pretty decent turn around time.

NOTE: All in-game audio was mastered and intended to be heard at 100% volume – for optimal experience, we recommend setting all in-game volume sliders to 100%

Fixed an issue where Windows DPI scaling could cause the game to display in an unusable resolution
Increased size of anomaly pings to make them more readily visible
Restored disabled button states to campaign games
Added launcher text to indicate DLC download state
Addressed improper UV maps on some units
Various audio fixes
Various fixes to ships and weapons
Fixed weapon audio in Remastered versions to be faithful to classic versions
Added "reset video settings to default" function to the launcher
Addressed an issue where the screen could go black if an in-engine cut-scene is interrupted
Game now allows windowed resolution at full desktop size
Added OpenGL version check to launcher
Added more detailed error messaging

Homeworld 1 Remastered:
Mission 07 – Addressed an issue where the Kadeshi mothership could disappear
Mission 10 - Addressed an issue where the objective "Destroy All Enemy Forces" fails to complete
Fixed an issue where attempting to load an incompatible save would cause a loading screen to appear during gameplay
Fixed improper letterboxing in Mission 03 cinematic9
Addressed an issue where dust clouds and nebulae were not auto-collected by resource collectors
Mission 02 – Fixed an issue where the objective "Salvage the Khar-Selim" might not complete
Mission 06 – Adjusted asteroid field visuals and functionality to improve mission balance
Homeworld 2 Remastered:
Disabled resource collector research during tutorials

Multiplayer BETA:
Taiidan sensor array ping now functions in multiplayer matches
Increased multiplayer lobby limit to 8 players
Addressed an issue where multiplayer lobbies could get stuck in the "Connecting" dialog
Fixed an issue where multiple checkboxes could appear in certain dialogs
Addressed an issue where a player disconnecting from the game while in the lobby could cause the host to crash
Addressed an issue where clients could become stuck in the lobby when host gets disconnected
The game now checks for Beta opt-in status when inviting a friend
Added password icon to password-locked games in the server browser
Reduced kamikaze damage on the Vaygr Interceptor to be in-line with other fighters
Addressed a crash which could occur under certain circumstances when launching the game from a friend invite
Added new loading screens
Various stability improvements
Addressed a rare issue where games could become stuck on an infinite loading screen
Added server distance filter

GDS_Starfury

Martok

Anyone (aside from Star) playing this?  If so, thoughts?  Is there any particular reason I shouldn't get it?  'Cuz right now I'm basically just waiting for payday... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

MikeGER

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 08, 2015, 10:19:38 PM
how to get the cockpit view in HW.

http://forums.relicnews.com/printthread.php?t=15798

i didn't get it to work    :(
(of course i use the line command on the correct .exe of the Steam installation like: H:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe /pilotview  and start HW1 remastered circumventing the general Homeworld editions launcher)

maybe cause the q -key is occupied with a menu function

GDS_Starfury

what I linked is for the original HW not the remastered version.