Carolina Reaper pepper dethroned

Started by steve58, October 17, 2023, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

'Pepper X,' is three times as spicy as a Carolina Reaper  :shocked:  :HideEyes:  I'll stick with jalapeños.

QuoteThe Guinness World Record for "hottest chili pepper" has been awarded to Pepper X, which clocks in 2,693,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU), the publication announced in a press release on Monday, October 16.

Pepper X is a specially crossbred pepper created by Ed Currie, the owner of Puckerbutt Pepper Company in South Carolina. His Carolina Reaper pepper previously held the world record for hottest chili pepper.

The Carolina Reaper came in at "only" an average 1,640,000 million SHU. As the Scoville scale is logarithmic, that means that Pepper X is about three times as spicy as the Carolina Reaper.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/new-guinness-world-record-spiciest-pepper-pepper-x-three-times-spicy-carolina-reaper
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

SirAndrewD

I'll pass.  At my age with as much booze and spicy food as I've put down my stomach lining is thinner than my hair. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jamus34

I like spicy but it just reached the point of "why?"

Insert witty comment here.