Seven Years War: Releases End of October

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 24, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

It still bugs the s**t out of me that I have a beautiful 27" Dell 1440p monitor sitting unused in my office closet, because the eye-strain using Windows and trying to play games with non-scaling UIs (esp. Combat Mission) proved too much. I have no idea how anyone can use a 4K monitor...and am incredibly jealous of those who can  :)

Anyway, easy-on-the-eye fonts and UIs are a big deal to me. 

Swatter

This is starting to sound like an AARP convention.

MetalDog

The wargamer demographic is like the baseball demographic: old as hell and crotchety to boot! ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Will you damned kids keep it down! Some of us are TRYING to take a nap.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

New update

Game enhancements:
- added hotkeys for scrolling, rotating, menu and clearing of orders -> can be set in options menu (for english and german keyboards, others work also but may see other characters in options menu although it works without problems with the pressed keys)
- ui (menues, information, buttons and text) are now scaled automatically based on your screen resolution

Game balance:
- changed view of trade income in nation comparison menu to per annum from all-time accumulated

Fixed bugs:
- fixed crashes related to surrender of divisions after manually played battles
- traders now pick up more than one resource of the same type if supplying building sites
- fixed too tight radius of provincial buildings regarding resources (some resources placed on the edge of the radius could not be harvested)
- effect of research initiative now included in research duration calculation
- fixed crash due to manual saving with long file names
- fixed bug where fleets were not supplied or did not reach supply harbor after loading a saved game
- fixed problem with production, building maintainance, supply of divisions/fleets and loaded goods of traders occuring if a game was newly started after an old one
- resetted data in nation comparison menu after restart
- fixed wrong reference to garrison units after regiments were deleted

Asid

New update to version 1.088 - Authentic Fife & Drum Music Pack added

Game enhancements:

added
        new main menu music compilation
        6 nation specific fife and drum marches for menu and battlefield
        authentic drum signals for infantry orders

Game balance:

rebalanced needed construction material for provincial buildings to prevent lack of construction material
    change of alliances with country Britain from Austria to Prussia now leads to gain in diplomacy points and thus increases the chance of being allied with Prussia after declaration of war
    Austrian infantry can now play fife and drum music
    reduced influence of unemployment and income level on happiness

Fixed bugs:

added algorythm to recalculate waypoints if objects have suddenly lost their way
    added further game stability when reloading campaign map (after battles and seasonal changes)
    fixed crash after switching the nation in campaign menu several times
    regiments in garrison can now be moved to a new brigade (not only to existing ones), double unit appearances cleared
    fixed stuck campaign map objects which occured after a fleet finished patrol mode and the patrol points were set to narrow
    influence of health, language and religion now implemented properly
    added overrides for 0/0 waypoint settings or double waypoint settings in campaign mode
    fixed bug where only Britain could default on debt
    quarterly balance description now turns correctly at the end of each quarter
    transactions between traders and companies are now cleared correctly (led to a small continous loss of money)
    fixed scale of black background on high resolutions for battle statistics after battle end

Others:

supply, ammunition and repair buttons of fleets now deactivated if new waypoint is set or harbor was reached
    restricted ingame resolution changes to a max of 1920x1080 as there were crashes on some graphic cards using higher resolutions

Authentic Fife & Drum Music Pack played by Anthony Heyde

- British grenadiers (GB)
- Over the hills and far away (GB)
- Auprés de ma blonde (FR)
- Zum Ausmarsch (AT)
- Hohenfriedberger Marsch (PR)
- Preobrazhensky march (RUS)
- Main menu compilation
- 6 authentic drum signals for orders on the battlefield
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Swatter

Anybody have a good idea about the state of the game?

sandman2575

Quote from: Swatter on December 12, 2015, 12:30:12 PM
Anybody have a good idea about the state of the game?

Wondering this myself. Sounds like one of the recent patches made improvements to the UI, but I see a lot of complaints on Steam forum that font is still too hard to read. That's a deal-breaker for me, unfortunately.

I get the sense that the dev might have been better served by launching this as an Eary Release. It sounds like the game was not ready for prime time at launch, and that it's still hampered by issues that make it seem more like a Beta than a finished version.

Gusington

Fife & drums?? That's awesome. I hope the game has improved, it seems to be approaching an awesome critical mass from the work being done on it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

keppelmueller

Hi folks, I am the developer of the game. Scaled UI was already implemented (including scaled fonts). For some players the fonts are still too small, so increasing size of some menues is next on the list...

Gusington

^Thanks again for posting here and for the work you appear to be pouring into your project!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

It is cool that the dev posts in here and listens to feed back. 

I have a question on screen resolution, it says above that 1080p is the max res for some gpu setups.  I have a 1440p 28" monitor powered by a gtx 690.  Does this mean I will have a 1080p screen with black bars on each side or will it fill the screen but at 1080p ?

keppelmueller

hi skoop, you can play in fullscreen mode where you have no borders or windowed mode where you have your 1080 resolution on your higher scaled desktop (if you wish to use other progs parallel)

keppelmueller

Update to Version 1.089:

Game enhancements:
- battle time limit can now be disabled in options menu

Game balance:
- added algorythm to improve goods pickup from companies
- increased battle duration
- improved starting conditions in terms of supply when starting later campaigns
- increased army action range by 25% in campaign mode

Fixed bugs:
- fixed delay in keyboard hits

Others:
- reduced depth of line and skirmish formation
- placed siege casualties reports closer to mouse cursor
- improved contrast of angle-platforms in battle mode

JasonPratt

Ack, forgot this game exists! Definitely on my Christmas buy list this week.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!