I'm not getting TW: Warhammer and here's why

Started by W8taminute, December 12, 2015, 06:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 13, 2015, 03:50:09 AM
I USUALLY wholeheartedly agree, fallout 4, witcher 3, pillars of eternity all passed me by and I was amazed to see a sale for witcher 3 recently and I shook my head at the fervour to buy them so quickly but Sega has me twice

It's total war

And while I'm on my knees ashamed at my weakness it's also warhammer - they may as well just take my soul

What he said. I have every version of TW ever made..all the way back to the original TW Rome, and MTW Kingdoms (my personal favorite).

I also have a 1500 point Orc army, and am fully prepared to DAKKA DAKKA my way through this next iteration. GREAT concept, and I just can't wait. First day purchase..and all DLC's will ALSO be first day purchase. Some games (CIV, X-COM) are just worth it to me.

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on December 14, 2015, 06:57:18 AM
Good points everyone.  I get it that publishers are in it to make money.  I don't mind buying DLC if it is released months later and actually brings new game concepts to the table, not just shiny new units and a new faction.  What I am struggling with is what they did here with TW: Warhammer; releasing DLC on game day release and all the DLC is is just another faction and it's corresponding units.  And which faction did they choose?  The one most of us Warhammer geeks want to dabble with the most and that is Chaos. 

I'll wait for price to come down to 10 or less or maybe 20 at most.  I definitely will not purchase for full price on day one and pay the extra exorbitant fee for the Chaos faction DLC either.

Don't be so quick to big up the chaos there - I have no interest in playing them at all and I can't be alone

FlickJax

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 14, 2015, 09:57:04 AM

Don't be so quick to big up the chaos there - I have no interest in playing them at all and I can't be alone

Unbeliever!

Joinn usssssss.

Embrace the warp.

I want all the factions.  ALL. 

Hopefully they don't take the normal TW route and just color 90% of each faction's clothing a different color.  This is Warhammer mf'ers!  Each faction is very different.

JasonPratt

Hey now, don't jinx this by posting something associated with Mark of Chaos! Man, that computer adaptation...  :buck2:

I don't care about playing as Chaos, but without them as a faction it won't be Warhammer, so I expect to see them in the game as an opponent.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

^From what  read over at the official website Chaos is in the game.  Just not as a playable faction.  That is why there is a DLC so you can unlock them and play the faction for yourself. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

AchillesLastStand

The game has been delayed a month and the system requirement released.

http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2016-08-03-sega-delays-total-war-warhammer-to-24th-may-full-system-requirements-revealed

SEGA and Creative Assembly announced today that it has delayed Total War: Warhammer, which was originally set to be released on 28th April, but unfortunately, it will now be released on 24th May.

The reason for the delay is because Creative Assembly don't want to rush it, as it believe this could be the best Total War game ever made.

"This could be the best Total War game we've ever made. We don't want to rush it." said Mike Simpson, Creative Director for Total War. "It's an enormous game and we also want to make absolutely sure reviewers have enough time to play it thoroughly before launch."

"Many thanks to the huge number of people who have pre-ordered and are eagerly awaiting release day. We're pulling out all the stops for you."

With the bad news now out of the way, let's talk about the official full system requirements for Total War: Warhammer, which Sega and Creative Assembly revealed to GameWatcher today. It will be the first 64bit game in the Total War franchise.

Here's a round-up of the system requirements for Minimum, Recommended and Ultra:

PC Minimum Specifications:

(Expected around 25-35 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 20 units vs 20 units battle, default graphics preset set to "Low")

Operating System: Windows 7 64Bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 3.0Ghz

RAM: 3GB

Hard Drive: 35 GB

Video Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Radeon HD 5770 1024MB | NVIDIA GTS 450 1024MB | Intel HD4000 @720P

Please Note: PC integrated graphics chipsets require 4GB ram, e.g. Intel HD series.

PC Recommended Specifications:

(Expected around 45-55 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 20 units vs 20 units battle, default graphics preset set to "High")

Operating System: Windows 7/8.1/10 64Bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4570 3.20GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Video Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Radeon R9 270X 2048MB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048MB @1080P.

PC 60fps+ ULTRA Specifications:

(Expected 60 FPS+ on campaign map and in a 1v1, 20 units vs 20 units battle, default graphics preset set to "Ultra")

Operating System: Windows 7/8.1/10 64Bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Video Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Fury X or Nvidia GTX 980 @1080P.

Ultra requires at least an AMD Fury X or Nvidia GTX 980 to run it at 1080P with 60fps, which means my GTX 970 card is out of touch, so I'll have to play it on High or get myself an 980 by May. What do you make of the system requirements? Will you be upgrading your system for Total War: Warhammer

Ouch.....
I am betting these are a tad {as with the last few titles}understated especially at higher settings/resolutions. Heck I wish they would have done a proper pike and shot game or even medieval 3 before flying rats.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Freyland

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Freyland on March 08, 2016, 10:32:15 AM
980ti with 6 GB of ram FTW!

Mine is a ti with 4GB of RAM, but its better looking than yours. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

disappointed in the delay, but better late than never

Martok

I could wish for a more powerful processor and (especially) video card, but I knew going in that I probably wasn't going to be able to run the game on anything higher than Medium settings.  Such is life... 

As for the delay, I'm mildly bummed, but I'll live.  ;)  I'd rather the game not be rushed out and full of bugs (especially given what happened with Rome II), and I'm glad that both CA and Sega were wise enough to allow for extra time. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

ghostryder

CA going to warhammer really is needed to shake the gameplay of the series up-because it's fallen into a rut to where every game suffers the same issues---and I imagine that might be true here as well but it's fantasy now---so bonehead A.I. moves can be explained away...afterall-they're just stupid Orcs!

JudgeDredd

It's probably worth pointing this out.

Anyone willing to hold off and not pay full price for this (or any other) game have the luxury to do so because there are people out there willing to pay full price. Without those people paying full price, on release, there's every possibility that a developer goes under (eventually). Maybe not...but maybe.

I've held off on a few games here and there and picked them up at rock bottom prices. But the truth is very likely that those games would not be able to be made for anything close to that price.

The other thing - and it was mentioned earlier in the thread - is this. I don't like paying more than £40 for a game. I can stretch to £50 and push to £60. Anything above that and the game would have to be super, super special. So in all honesty, if the game (any game) was going to cost more than my entry price, then I'm more than happy with them breaking it down in pieces.

Take for example my beloved pCars. I paid (iirc) £40 for the game. I have since bought (iirc) about £40 of DLC. I would never have bought pCars, with all that content, for £80. Bite size DLC with a bitesize price really suits my buying model.

The perception, and everyone's perception may be different, in what is a "cut down game" and what is a "fully featured game with additional content as an addon". Back in the day, you'd get a game which people would consider complete and there may well be an addon (mission pack or whatever) sold. No-one ever said it was an incomplete game they bought previously...they just went "Ooooh....new content".

Perhaps the problem is company's tell customers what's round the corner now instead of springing it on them.

As for Chaos being missing on release but available as DLC...perhaps we should look at what we do get for our money rather than what we don't get for our money?

But I am absolutely fine with the model and I don't think I'd boycott a particular game unless I was sure content (for the price the game is going for) was obviously lacking and affecting gameplay.

Just my 2 pennies.
Alba gu' brath