Battlefield 1 limited open beta

Started by W8taminute, August 31, 2016, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Gents,

Go to your Origin account and download the limited open beta to Battlefield 1.  I'm really looking forward to this game and I'd like to hear what you all think.

Cheers,

W8taminute
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

IronX

I'm constantly spawning with no weapons. So until I can sort that out, it's kind of a run around until you get shot simulator

Barthheart

Grim.Reaper

was going to try it, but only get a failed connection when attempting to connect...oh well

Gusington

I got the email yesterday, will set it up tomorrow.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: IronX on August 31, 2016, 07:05:10 PM
I'm constantly spawning with no weapons. So until I can sort that out, it's kind of a run around until you get shot simulator

You must've joined the Russian infantry. 

Send a complaint to the Czar.   :))

JudgeDredd

lol
Alba gu' brath

Father Ted

A WW1 milsim then?

Gusington

Sounds very similar to my experience with Verdun. I spawned with a weapon, had time to confirm that I had a weapon and then got shot in the head. Every time.

Thank God there is a single player campaign here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Last night the servers were down for a while but they eventually came back up again.  Managed to sneak in 3 rounds before retiring for the evening.  My 'must buy this game on day one' feeling was validated and verified.  This is one fun game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

Staggerwing

Quote from: jomni on September 01, 2016, 09:08:36 PM
But does it feel like WW1?

As in tins of toothpowder being scarce and cases of trench foot being anything but?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Quote from: jomni on September 01, 2016, 09:08:36 PM
But does it feel like WW1?

No.

It's fun, and I like it, but it's a Battlefield game. They figured out a way to give half the guys automatic weapons for chrissakes.

If you like the BF series, you'll enjoy it.

If you're looking for some realistic WW1 sim, look elsewhere.

Surtur

What if I am not looking for a realistic sim, but a believable one? Battlefield 1942 was nowhere near a sim, but I still could immerse myself into it enough to believe I was fighting World War 2. My impression with this Battlefield One however, is that it is just too much, too fast. Are my impressions correct?
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

Jarhead0331

This looks like a WWII game with some loosely appearing WWI skins. They are just calling it WWI so they can pretend they are doing something new. They aren't.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18