Matrix holiday 2016 sale is here!

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 23, 2016, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I have Pride of Nations - which I have not played.

Is the game good?  Is it worth it to pick up several $1 downloads of say Spanish-American War, Franco-Prussian War?

Anybody help?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on November 23, 2016, 11:03:18 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2016, 10:54:46 AM
Quote from: -budd- on November 23, 2016, 10:41:35 AM
I'm not getting WIF but I am looking at the map pack. 21 feet long by 9 ft high when fully assembled, 24 panels.... I like a nice map. The kids will be gone one day and will be able to make my war room/ Seahawk room. Anybody have the map, wondering about locations on the map , are smaller towns and smaller terrain features shown. Just thought of something wonder if all orders are $20 shipping.

You won't believe it...unless there is a mistake, I put it in my cart and the shipping costs is $45.00 in the US !!!!!

Has to be a mistake , right?
I wonder, well I'll check after work. If that's the case that idea will drift off into history.

Pete Dero

Quote from: -budd- on November 23, 2016, 10:15:24 AM
I will look at WITW but it doesn't seem to have a lot of smaller scenarios, the main campaign may be to much for my feeble brain

The expansion has 10 smaller scenarios (and is also 50% off)
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/572/details/Gary.Grigsby's.War.in.the.West:.Operation.Torch

chemkid

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2016, 11:08:41 AM
I'm not getting WIF but I am looking at the map pack. 21 feet long by 9 ft high when fully assembled, 24 panels.... I like a nice map. The kids will be gone one day and will be able to make my war room/ Seahawk room. Anybody have the map, wondering about locations on the map , are smaller towns and smaller terrain features shown. Just thought of something wonder if all orders are $20 shipping.

You won't believe it...unless there is a mistake, I put it in my cart and the shipping costs is $45.00 in the US !!!!!

I wonder, well I'll check after work. If that's the case that idea will drift off into history.

grim, where are you based? europe by any chance?

chemkid

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 23, 2016, 11:33:25 AM
Quote from: -budd- on November 23, 2016, 10:15:24 AM
I will look at WITW but it doesn't seem to have a lot of smaller scenarios, the main campaign may be to much for my feeble brain

The expansion has 10 smaller scenarios (and is also 50% off)
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/572/details/Gary.Grigsby's.War.in.the.West:.Operation.Torch
WitW is for next year's xmas sale... at least for me and now. i'm still so happy with wite v1    :smitten:

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on November 23, 2016, 11:07:37 AM

Is the game good?  Is it worth it to pick up several $1 downloads of say Spanish-American War, Franco-Prussian War?

Anybody help?

I'd only pick up the expansion that affects everything (I've forgotten what that is), unless you reaaalllly want to play a gamestart at one of the extra setup points.

Pr0n has had some patching recently, which no one ever thought would happen again, and can be played by human beings now.  O0 It's sort of a turn based Vicky2, with all the strengths and weaknesses of the AGE engine -- especially the weaknesses, given the extremely huge scale of the game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Father Ted

I've put DLC in my cart (Op Torch, Ligny, Quatre Bras) and will let it sit there til I'm in a more holiday mood before actually buying.

OJsDad

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 23, 2016, 11:49:31 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 23, 2016, 11:07:37 AM

Anybody help?

I'd only pick up the expansion that affects everything (I've forgotten what that is), unless you reaaalllly want to play a gamestart at one of the extra setup points.

Pr0n has had some patching recently, which no one ever thought would happen again, and can be played by human beings now.  O0 It's sort of a turn based Vicky2, with all the strengths and weaknesses of the AGE engine -- especially the weaknesses, given the extremely huge scale of the game.

Have you eve tried PBEM with Pr0N JP. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: chemkid on November 23, 2016, 11:42:34 AM

Ohio

Asid

I think it comes in 3 large boxes

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

chemkid

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2016, 11:58:55 AM
Quote from: chemkid on November 23, 2016, 11:42:34 AM

Ohio
:-\ that's sad... sitting here with that mappack-in-a-bag and nowhere to put it.  :'(

...and no, it comes in just one box - unharmed if you're lucky...  :coolsmiley:

Asid

Quote from: chemkid on November 23, 2016, 12:10:39 PM
...and no, it comes in just one box - unharmed if you're lucky...  :coolsmiley:

The other 2 boxes are for the man  ;D
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

chemkid

yep! the man... that's a good one, Asid! :D

chemkid

i still remember the day... a large 'dented' box delivered by the fedex man (another man?!) with game cd, books and the map pack!
it was cheap!! didn't have to pay the customs office and it was still a release discount - those were the days...

thank you matrix, now i'm broke as a joke...

Sir Slash

I could never get into Pride of Nations. Just too big for my tastes, too much to do and very little actual war in this wargame, in my humble opinion. But if you like building and running an economy, and colonizing, then it's a great game. VERY detailed.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.