From the developers of Wings Over Flanders Fields

Started by WallysWorld, January 17, 2017, 04:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

steve58

From the RPS article "Utilizing the same updated CFS3 code core as its forerunner...".  While OBD did wonders with WOFF and I certainly enjoyed it, they should really move on to a more recent/modern game code core if they can. But I still wish them good luck and will keep an eye on WOtR.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Yep, not a fan of needing CFS3....but if it turns out good, won't stop me from buying since I already own it for WOFF:)

Slick Wilhelm

Wow, I'm really looking forward to this! WOFF was simply amazing, much more immersive than Rise of Flight. I hope they make the same magic with WOtR.

sandman2575

Will buy. 

Agree that WOFF is more immersive than ROF, but then, 777's flight modeling (not to mention graphics) in ROF/BoS is far superior to what CFS3 can deliver. Regardless, I have high hopes for this.

Swatter

I having been waiting for years for a great WWII aircraft sim experience with a dynamic campaign. IL-2 1946 has a pretty decent campaign mod, but it isn't a real substitute for a dedicated campaign experience on the level of WOFF. If they can achieve the same level of immersion in a WWII setting, I will be a very happy camper.

I never caught onto the RoF thing. The flight models are good, but I found nothing else appealing about it.

smithcorp

The latest version of WOFF doesn't need CFS3 installed! And its lovely!

Moreb

Quote from: smithcorp on January 19, 2017, 03:31:23 AM

Is this true? It's the one thing that has kept me away.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Moreb on January 19, 2017, 05:10:38 AM

You didn't have to have cfs3 installed before, you just needed to point to a cfs3 file during the install process which you had to own.  However I have read with the ultimate edition the cfs3 needed file comes with the game.  So I believe technically still needed, just comes with it now.  Again this is what I believe based on some posts over at simhq forums, but I don't own the ultimate edition so can't 100 percent confirm.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4329485/Why_should_I_go_WOFF_UE?#Post4329485

Moreb

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2017, 05:15:03 AM
Quote from: Moreb on January 19, 2017, 05:10:38 AM

You didn't have to have cfs3 installed before, you just needed to point to a cfs3 file during the install process which you had to own.  However I have read with the ultimate edition the cfs3 needed file comes with the game.  So I believe technically still needed, just comes with it now.  Again this is what I believe based on some posts over at simhq forums, but I don't own the ultimate edition so can't 100 percent confirm.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4329485/Why_should_I_go_WOFF_UE?#Post4329485

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check this out for sure.
When dongles fly? - mirth

RyanE

I think I read that about the CFS3 file also.  But the underlying game is still at its core CFS3.  They have done a great job of building around it, but you can still see the CFS3-ness of it show through now and then.

Dammit Carl!

Nice. Last time I had anything like this was European Air War!

Jarhead0331

I have the UE and can confirm that you do not need a copy of CFS3 to install or run the game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 19, 2017, 07:39:58 AM
I have the UE and can confirm that you do not need a copy of CFS3 to install or run the game.

Thanks for the clarification JH. This is a game changer for me and I now look forward to the WW2 iteration of the game.

Barthheart

Quote from: Rayfer on January 19, 2017, 07:46:33 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 19, 2017, 07:39:58 AM

Thanks for the clarification JH. This is a game changer for me and I now look forward to the WW2 iteration of the game.

+1  O0