The Secret World MMORPG

Started by Tpek, June 20, 2012, 12:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm the opposite.  The puzzles are what keep me interested.  I have zero interest in PvP and usually try to run from Pve fights as well.

Also, I didn't really get the whole "deck" concept when I made my character so I ended up going with a Templar skilled in shotgun and fists.   Now I see that there are no deck archetypes that use that combo so I'll never get the spiffy awards.  Also, the two skills are on opposite sides of the wheel, so I won't get any of the nifty MISC skills wedged between two skill sets.

Tpek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 21, 2012, 09:18:00 PM
I'm the opposite.  The puzzles are what keep me interested.  I have zero interest in PvP and usually try to run from Pve fights as well.

Also, I didn't really get the whole "deck" concept when I made my character so I ended up going with a Templar skilled in shotgun and fists.   Now I see that there are no deck archetypes that use that combo so I'll never get the spiffy awards.  Also, the two skills are on opposite sides of the wheel, so I won't get any of the nifty MISC skills wedged between two skill sets.

Misc (green) skills don't require any particular "deck".
I've been able to get them all when I had enough APs to spare.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 21, 2012, 09:18:00 PM

I don't see how you are progressing too well, since MMOs are all about massive amounts of PvE fighting.  This one included.  I hope you didn't buy it looking to just do non-violent mystery missions  :o

QuoteAlso, I didn't really get the whole "deck" concept when I made my character so I ended up going with a Templar skilled in shotgun and fists.   Now I see that there are no deck archetypes that use that combo so I'll never get the spiffy awards.  Also, the two skills are on opposite sides of the wheel, so I won't get any of the nifty MISC skills wedged between two skill sets.

Tpek is right - there are no prerequisites to take the three Green lines.

As far as I can tell, the pre-made "deck" archetypes just give you a (sometimes) cool new outfit.  But in an RPG where your worn equipment doesn't change your appearance, other than weapons, this can be a big issue.  I'm a bit disapointed that when I equip something that it doesn't give a unique outfit piece, but instead we must go to a clothing store and use game currency to purchase them.  An advantage of that is being able to mix & match better without the devs having to make a separate equipped 'paperdoll' for appearance purposes too, and it probably saved them having to create all the extra outfit pieces to match each piece of lott.  I always preferred the separate "look" option, however.