Main Menu

Rome Total War 2

Started by eyebiter, July 02, 2012, 11:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 02, 2012, 11:09:08 PM

It worked with 7970 cards up until the release of Fall of the Samurai when everything stopped working.  Because it was a Steam release, your game got "updated" whether you purchased FOTS or not and there's no way to roll it back to make it playable.  Bloody annoying.

Yeah.  I don't think I've even fired mine up since then, so I may be screwed too, although I don't have one of the big new cards.  And here I just bought some DLC for it a few months ago without even checking.  Shogun 2's graphics have always been kinda screwy for me though.

Their running the AMD video card advertising at the beginning isn't the first I've seen similarly laughable issues.  I know without doubt that some of the old 8-series Nvidia users would get some crazy rainbow artifacting going after playing LOTRO for an hour or two at a time.  And that used to have Nvidia plastered on it's intro screens.  ;D  That bug used to piss me off so much.  Once I got a an AMD card, and ditched my old 8800, I was good to go.  Oh sweet irony.