Blitzkreig Anthology on GOG

Started by Jarhead0331, July 10, 2012, 09:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I was always more interested in the idea behind these games, rather than the actual execution.  An RTS that had a large and somewhat authentic OOB and that factored in limited ballistics, had destructible terrain and permitted all sorts of operations including amphibious landings, airborne drops, artillery strikes, air support, etc. etc...wow!

But in execution, I was always frustrated by units that had an extremely short life span, consistently getting mowed down, both infantry and armor alike, and campaign based missions with an extremely challenging ethos, to put it mildly.

Still, there is a lot of game to be found in the anthology and it can now be yours DRM free at GOG for only 9.99. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

LongBlade

It was well received in its day.

Personally, I really liked the Codename Panzers series better, but that was just me.

For $10 that's a heck of a deal.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

jjdenver

So, where can we get codename panzers? I just searched gog, impulse/gamestop, steam, gamersgate and the only one they have for sale is codename panzers: cold war - not the WW2 first codename panzers game. Anyone know where to buy it?

LongBlade

Quote from: jjdenver on July 10, 2012, 10:51:06 AM
So, where can we get codename panzers? I just searched gog, impulse/gamestop, steam, gamersgate and the only one they have for sale is codename panzers: cold war - not the WW2 first codename panzers game. Anyone know where to buy it?

For a long time it was available on the shelves at Target in their bargain section. Not sure if it still is. Here's a link to the Commander's Edition, which offers both Phase One and Two:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E540NS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=grogheads-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001E540NS
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

gabeeg

I bought Blitzkreig on a whim many years ago from a bargain bin.  I dislike RTS's...but this game hooked me.  I ended up hunting down each expansion even the Russian released stuff.  There were some great "reality" based mods also.  I really, really got sucked into it.   Though I nolonger play it, I highly suggest it to those that tolerate RTS's even if slight.   Still to this day I love the isometric view and art of this game series.  I dream of a Steal Panthers style game with the isometric view and art of a Blitzkrieg...
Kind Regards,
Harry