Combat Mission engine 4 patches released

Started by WallysWorld, May 03, 2019, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 14, 2019, 08:51:17 AM
Very strange. I am unaware of any recent changes to my computer other than the GeForce update. This is my secondary rig that I use nominally for older, less power hungry gaming. Its a 6th generation i7 with 16GB Ram and a 1070.

I've updated without issue to the latest GeForce drivers as well, JH. CM runs as before. 1080 here.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

The plot thickens...if I disable the secondary monitor in the display settings and run a CM game, I get normal performance. What could have possibly changed to cause the secondary monitor to have that kind of an effect?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 14, 2019, 08:50:45 PM
The plot thickens...if I disable the secondary monitor in the display settings and run a CM game, I get normal performance. What could have possibly changed to cause the secondary monitor to have that kind of an effect?

That sounds like a good question to post on the official support forum!  :-\
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Yskonyn

Yeah, especially since I also run two screens without issue.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 15, 2019, 12:02:44 AM
Yeah, especially since I also run two screens without issue.

So did I...until about a week ago. LoL
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

I haven't gotten to the mega patch yet, but I'm keeping an eye on the discussion!

I didn't have problems previously with Shadowplay recording my opening moves against Yskonyn in our (sadly abandoned) Red Thunder fight. (Sadly and kind of insanely abandoned by me for no real reason I can understand...!  :'( :hide: I love the game and was having a lot of fun with our match!)

However, I do know that an update to the Nvidia drivers back around the start of the year broke Shadowplay functionality on all my games, so I had to roll back installation a week or two later when I returned to making videos. And I haven't updated since then, just to be safe! (Though I'm sure I should at some point.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Once you have updated CM and feel like playing again I am game, sir!

Jarhead0331

I rolled back the GeForce driver and still had the problem, so I don't think I can pin it on Nvidia. Maybe its from a Win10 update, but I don't recall one before the problem began....still scratching my temple on this. Where the hell is Elvis?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Con

Sir Slash

That explains my missing set of blue suede shoes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Elvis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 16, 2019, 10:44:08 AM
I rolled back the GeForce driver and still had the problem, so I don't think I can pin it on Nvidia. Maybe its from a Win10 update, but I don't recall one before the problem began....still scratching my temple on this. Where the hell is Elvis?

I haven't seen him. He's probably hammered on tequila somewhere.

RE: The dual monitor issue. Offhand I have no idea. It sounds like some change with your system and not game related at all. Sorry. It may sound like a cop out answer but it sounds like something specific with your set up.

Jarhead0331

^that is primarily why I haven't opened a ticket. I don't think it is a Battlefront issue. That being said, other than the geforce update, there have been no changes to my sytem...certainly no hardware changes and no software changes that required my permission.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Elvis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 17, 2019, 11:47:21 AM
^that is primarily why I haven't opened a ticket. I don't think it is a Battlefront issue. That being said, other than the geforce update, there have been no changes to my sytem...certainly no hardware changes and no software changes that required my permission.

I've never had a 2 monitor set up and I don't even know how it's set up. What determines how the 2 monitors will render whatever software is being used. It isn't the video card itself is it?

Yskonyn

It's long been a feature of Windows now.
Just plug and play and define monitor 1 and 2 in windows graphiccard settings.

Jarhead0331

Yeah, Elvis...its all handled in the display settings of windows. It can also be configured on the Nvidia control panel.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog