Flashpoint campaigns - Southern Storm (new WW3 game!)

Started by The_Admiral, January 05, 2020, 09:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Oh dear, it flew a bit under the radar, but I just came across this:

Aye, a follow-up to Red Storm, with an upgraded engine apparently.

More about the project there
http://ontargetsimulations.com/2019/12/23/december-2019/

Enjoy!

A pleasant surprise, if you ask me!

Yskonyn

Definately!

I enjoyed the battles I've had against grogs with Red Storm.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Father Ted

Oh dear - I was trying to get through 2020 without buying a game...

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Father Ted on January 05, 2020, 11:21:15 AM
Oh dear - I was trying to get through 2020 without buying a game...

Right, lofty goal only few days I to the year

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

IICptMillerII

Its been in development for a few years now, and unfortunately been delayed for some time now. However, the devs are adamant that work continues and progress is being made, and they are hoping to start beta testing within the next month or so, according to their forums.

I love Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm and I'm extremely excited for this to release. All of the new features and content sound great!

Apocalypse 31

Looks like a modification of FCRS.

UI still looks crappy.

I wonder if the counters still move all awkward-like or if they added natural map zoom.

bboyer66

Pretty geeked up about this, because I think this will include the Schweinfurt/Wurzburg area where I defended the frontiers of freedom against the aggressive hordes of East German Women. 

Skoop

^ lol.

Recently rereading Red Storm Rising and this game would be perfect for this.

Watercooler talk....How bitchen would steel beasts be if the map view / commander control looked this ?

Speedy

I hadn't heard anything about this game in ages and thought it must have been cancelled.

Loved Red Storm and the original Flashpoint Germany, though I always kind of hoped they would do a middle east version.

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Speedy on January 10, 2020, 08:54:11 AM
I hadn't heard anything about this game in ages and thought it must have been cancelled.

Loved Red Storm and the original Flashpoint Germany, though I always kind of hoped they would do a middle east version.

They actually announced a Middle East DLC a while back in a thread on their forums. I don't have a link handy or remember many details, but I do know they are planning on covering the Middle East in some capacity.

MOS:96B2P

The Beta has started.  Below was taken from the Matrix forum.

Matrix is now recruiting testers for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm's upcoming beta.

In Southern Storm, the Flashpoint Campaigns series moves to Southern Germany, with new campaigns and multi-national scenarios and new nationalities. On a brand new game engine experience Cold War 1980s with the US, USSR, West-German, British, French, East-German, Czechoslovakian and Canadian forces.

Players will fight battles and campaigns over 40 different maps with a wide array of Cold War equipment from the eight nations. That equipment included aircraft, helicopters, tanks, IFVs, APCs, mobile and fixed SAMs, self-propelled and towed artillery and rocket launchers, command vehicle, recon vehicles, many flavors of infantry, and others.

If you would like to sign up to join the beta, please fill out the form found here found here. Your feedback is extremely valuable, and it will help us greatly.

CaptainKoloth

I am still kind of excited about this, I guess, but they've been saying this game is just around the corner since 2015 (!!). I'll believe it when I see it availabe for purchase.

Redwolf

There is no Mac version planned/for testing for this game family, right?