Nebulous Fleet Command: space rts, physics, lan, multiplayer, z axis

Started by Destraex, December 28, 2021, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Maps must not be that big then. Laser sprectrum should spread and lose power with range and rail guns should miss if a target moves at range.
I don't mind if they decrease realistic ranges to simulate this limit in weapons ranges.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 11, 2022, 04:07:06 PM
The game is f*cking awesome.

Shut up and buy it.  :crazy2:

Fine.  Twist my arm. 

Picked it up last night.  Really liking it so far.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

I also picked it up last night and am enjoying the first two tutorials immensely.
So far I cannot see anything I don't like. Pretty solid for early access.

Pete Dero

Only thing stopping me is I can't rebind keys.

Autohotkey works for games with limited keybindings but from watching someone play the tutorial on YT I get the feeling this one needs a lot of commands.
It is made for Qwerty keyboards and takes too much work to make it run for my Azerty setting (W is below S for us and that is something you can't get used to).

Manassassas

What's the re-playability like on this? Just wary that without a strategic layer that the novelty might wear off quickly.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Manassassas on February 18, 2022, 05:59:51 AM
What's the re-playability like on this? Just wary that without a strategic layer that the novelty might wear off quickly.

It is in a early access and there is a story campaign and a solar conquest mode planned. The story mode is a multi-mission storyline campaign where the player will guide a small task force through a much larger conflict, with continuity of their fleet's material condition and ammunition. The conquest mode is described as a long-term strategic level single- or multi-player game. One team defends a solar system with a number of fleets and facilities while the other tries to conquer it. Individual battles will be fought in the same style as the current Skirmish gameplay.

I think both these modes will lend to replayability and longevity. Check out the link I posted to the development roadmap on page 1. It is very detailed and transparent.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 18, 2022, 04:19:51 AM

Autohotkey works for games with limited keybindings but from watching someone play the tutorial on YT I get the feeling this one needs a lot of commands.
It is made for Qwerty keyboards and takes too much work to make it run for my Azerty setting (W is below S for us and that is something you can't get used to).

Latest patch added a key rebind feature.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

I am having real trouble with the Z axis tool for creating waypoints for missiles. I am sure I will get it. But I just cannot see depth enough to point the tool in the right direction. Moving the mouse is doing Z and XY at the same time. H holds it. But needs work. I think I would prefer to see cubes in the zoomed out view than empty space if it is going to be like this.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 19, 2022, 05:19:49 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on February 18, 2022, 04:19:51 AM

Latest patch added a key rebind feature.

Thanks for the info.  Nothing stopping me now.

Grim.Reaper

Can't believe I am thinking of picking this one up....intrigues me but I have a feeling it will overwhelm me.  But looking at this in various places, seems like it could be a good one.  Just might be a little more micromanagement than might brain can handle, but pretty cheap so might give it a shot anyway.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 20, 2022, 11:22:57 AM
Can't believe I am thinking of picking this one up....intrigues me but I have a feeling it will overwhelm me.  But looking at this in various places, seems like it could be a good one.  Just might be a little more micromanagement than might brain can handle, but pretty cheap so might give it a shot anyway.

I've actually found it quite easy to get a handle on and I have a lot less patience for heavy micro games nowadays.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 20, 2022, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 20, 2022, 11:22:57 AM

I've actually found it quite easy to get a handle on and I have a lot less patience for heavy micro games nowadays.

Ok trusting you:)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 20, 2022, 04:08:28 PM
Ok trusting you:)

He said, not yet realizing his mistake...

Kidding aside, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  If you've ever played Homeworld, you'll quickly get the 3D space portion, and the functions of the ships are pretty self explanatory.

It's kind of like Homeworld but you have direct control over your ships systems and they have real damage models/control.

Also super impressed with the UI considering it's a small indy group.  It's not the end all be all but it's a lot better than what I'd expect from an EA game with a small developer pool.  I've seen similar games with much, much worse.

Gusington

^You should work for their marketing department because that above post now has me interested!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 20, 2022, 05:52:17 PM
^You should work for their marketing department because that above post now has me interested!

Well, I am a salesman, and damned good one. 

I'd be willing to write copy for them.    :coolsmiley: