History, Reference, Research, and GrogTalk > References and Research

Cool Aircraft Tracking Site

(1/4) > >>

Jarhead0331:
I came across this really cool website the other day and I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time checking out the various aircraft around the world. Apparently, this is all from verified data and each aircraft is tracked via transponder and four different feeders. So this is all in realtime and is actual data. Obviously, it does not represent every aircraft in the sky (or ground), so military aircraft that do not want to be detected, won't be, but I've followed a wide range of military aircraft...everything from T6 Texans, to T38s, to F-16s to C130Js and C5 Galaxies and a number of helicopters, like CH53s and UH60s. There are a bunch of handy filters to help you sort through everything. I like hanging out over Eglin, Oceana/Virginia Beach, China Lake and Yuma to see what pops up and passes through. 

In any event...its all totally free. Check it out.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com

Gusington:
As soon as I clicked on the link it brought up the main screen (in less than a second) of my general area, and all the flights in the air within like 250 miles or so. Includes call-signs and even speeds of each aircraft. I'm not an aviation junkie by any means but that's pretty amazing. Even more amazing is that it is capable of tracking every flight on Earth in real time (almost).

Jarhead0331:
Some nice military traffic over Europe presently. Spotted some F-15s over the UK and a whole flock of F-16s over Belgium.

Gusington:
Can air traffic from 'less than friendly' nations also be seen?

ArizonaTank:

--- Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2022, 07:12:19 AM ---I came across this really cool website the other day and I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time checking out the various aircraft around the world. Apparently, this is all from verified data and each aircraft is tracked via transponder and four different feeders. So this is all in realtime and is actual data. Obviously, it does not represent every aircraft in the sky (or ground), so military aircraft that do not want to be detected, won't be, but I've followed a wide range of military aircraft...everything from T6 Texans, to T38s, to F-16s to C130Js and C5 Galaxies and a number of helicopters, like CH53s and UH60s. There are a bunch of handy filters to help you sort through everything. I like hanging out over Eglin, Oceana/Virginia Beach, China Lake and Yuma to see what pops up and passes through. 

In any event...its all totally free. Check it out.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com

--- End quote ---

Good stuff.  There is a similar site for ocean surface ships / boats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version