Cool Aircraft Tracking Site

Started by Jarhead0331, January 05, 2022, 09:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I came across this really cool website the other day and I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time checking out the various aircraft around the world. Apparently, this is all from verified data and each aircraft is tracked via transponder and four different feeders. So this is all in realtime and is actual data. Obviously, it does not represent every aircraft in the sky (or ground), so military aircraft that do not want to be detected, won't be, but I've followed a wide range of military aircraft...everything from T6 Texans, to T38s, to F-16s to C130Js and C5 Galaxies and a number of helicopters, like CH53s and UH60s. There are a bunch of handy filters to help you sort through everything. I like hanging out over Eglin, Oceana/Virginia Beach, China Lake and Yuma to see what pops up and passes through. 

In any event...its all totally free. Check it out.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

As soon as I clicked on the link it brought up the main screen (in less than a second) of my general area, and all the flights in the air within like 250 miles or so. Includes call-signs and even speeds of each aircraft. I'm not an aviation junkie by any means but that's pretty amazing. Even more amazing is that it is capable of tracking every flight on Earth in real time (almost).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Some nice military traffic over Europe presently. Spotted some F-15s over the UK and a whole flock of F-16s over Belgium.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Can air traffic from 'less than friendly' nations also be seen?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2022, 09:12:19 AM
I came across this really cool website the other day and I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time checking out the various aircraft around the world. Apparently, this is all from verified data and each aircraft is tracked via transponder and four different feeders. So this is all in realtime and is actual data. Obviously, it does not represent every aircraft in the sky (or ground), so military aircraft that do not want to be detected, won't be, but I've followed a wide range of military aircraft...everything from T6 Texans, to T38s, to F-16s to C130Js and C5 Galaxies and a number of helicopters, like CH53s and UH60s. There are a bunch of handy filters to help you sort through everything. I like hanging out over Eglin, Oceana/Virginia Beach, China Lake and Yuma to see what pops up and passes through. 

In any event...its all totally free. Check it out.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com

Good stuff.  There is a similar site for ocean surface ships / boats.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

That IS cool. A C-17 just flew right over my house!  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Whoa, really cool website.  I only saw two military flights in my general neck of the woods.  A UH-60 Blackhawk and a C-130.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 05, 2022, 10:37:37 AM
Can air traffic from 'less than friendly' nations also be seen?

Unfortunately not.  Russia, China, Africa and the middle east are very dark.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^Military flights that...'wanted' to be seen, W8  :-"

Interesting about the less than friendly nations, JH...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

This is a similar site I've been using for a couple of years now : https://www.flightradar24.com

However it doesn't show anything military.

W8taminute

Just a little tidbit to share:

Last night I was awaken twice in the middle of the night.  In both cases I heard jets flying over.  From the tone of the sound I knew it couldn't just be a civilian aircraft but I couldn't confirm visually because it was just too dark and cloudy overhead. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^LOL!

For a split second that's what I thought but it was definitely the sound of jets.  Demon jets?

Gusington

Well if it was a jet then it couldn't have been this Hawker Demon, then.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

It could have been an F3H...albeit unlikely.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog