It came out of the FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, December 16, 2022, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

CCR.  They don't make music like this anymore......

Me?  BoC work.  CMO using the new planning features.  Combat Mission: Italy Triona campaign.  Getting the Kernstown AAR written.  Possibly a game of Suzerain.  And watching my kid graduate from college. O0
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

devoncop

Definitely more Knights of Honor 2 Scotland Campaign. I now have a tenuous hold on Leinster and Connaught, Ulster remains independent and England owns a rebellious Munster.  Tricky times .

I enjoyed Suzerein a while back Tripoli but not sure it has much replayability.....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Knights of Honor 2 as Moldavia, still learning the ropes on easy difficulty - it's way easier trying to run a kingdom with multiple provinces than it is a kingdom with just one province. Will be playing this for a long time.

Also playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations which, although 10 years old (I think) is still quite fun.

May also dabble in some Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition eastern European campaigns.

CCR ROCKS

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog

Hey Ho, Grogs

I'll be kiling vampires in Skyrim, getting my butt kicked in Imperiums as Macedonia and starting my adventures in Dwarf Fortress with the new Steam Version. I loved DF 15 years ago except for the nasty UI. So I'm hoping that the new interface will alleviate that frustration. I hope all of you have a great weekend!

Peace!

JasonPratt

My wargaming group has gotten heavily into the 18xx.games site recently, which features a free engine for playing a bunch of ports of 18xx rail games! One guy has bought a lot of them over the years but doesn't have time to play face-to-face with his friends, so finding this site was a Godsend for him. The engine works REALLY well, though about 2/3 of the titles converted to the engine are still in beta or earlier development.

So we'll be continuing that for the foreseeable future -- though anyone interested in joining the games should let us know! (I'm thinking of doing a video series using 1762 as the basis for learning the system, since it's a great tutorial game. Unfortunately no port to the website engine yet.)

Also, I've sort-of set up a hacky Panzer Corps multiplayer campaign for one of the group, who is trying to get the series of missions off the ground by kicking off with Poland. Note: refusing to play Poland like 'Poland' makes things much harder for the Nazis!  >:D :knuppel2:

I'll be teaching Shogun (the inspiration for the Total War strategic layer) this weekend to some of the group, too, using an unofficial Tabletop Simulator mod that I've repaired and improved.

Continuing a Civ6 game that I kind-of wish was over, but not likely to be anytime soon. (And after which I'm 100% uninstalling the thing.)

Continuing and restarting two fully expanded Age of Wonders 3 multiplayer matches.

Chugging along on an iOS Lords of Waterdeep match, and two iOS Le Havre matches.

(We're a busy group. ;) )

Unsure what else yet... Lots of solo things to play with, but not sure what I'll be starting or trying to work toward finishing off.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Killing vampires in Skyrim is the bomb! Much cooler than actually becoming one in Skyrim.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Playing Elder Scrolls Online for the end of the year event.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

W8taminute

I hear you Jason on wishing your Civ6 game was over.  I found Civ6 to be quite dull compared to 3,4, & 5. 

Good tune Tripoli.

Ok so 'Diofield Chronicles' unexpectedly went on sale in Steam yesterday so I'm likely going to get that game.  On top of that I picked up 'The Crew 2' on a whim the other day for PS4 which surprisingly is a monster great game.

What this means is I need to try to find time to play Knights of Honor 2, The Crew 2, Diofield Chronicles, and fit in some Heroes & Generals because they have this new event that I want to max out and get all the goodies.  My gaming life is a utter mess. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Congrats on getting the kid through college Trip.  O0 Grandkids and lots of X-Mas stuff this weekend. I may have a little time for encircling Russians in WitE 1. Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

War of Rights - they have some sort of christmas event on. So their is snow and people are running around with candy canes and such. The only time a super realistic game does things like this.

A few RTS games. Potentially Nebulous Fleet Command or Command Modern Operations.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Playing Division 2 on PC despite it not wanting me to play it due to crashes, etc.  Massive cocked up good somewhere and the thing that seems to work for me so far - 1 day in with a few hours played at a stretch - is to uncheck anything having to do with talking to servers, Ubisoft and whatnot automatically.  We'll see as I've heard that that "fix," really is just a band-aid at best.

Also still cranking on the O.G. Division as the "Underground," calls to me....

All the best, peoples, and two words: "Bloody Cesar." (the drink, that is)

p.s. ...and yesterday was all I got - crashville, baby!

Pete Dero

Still playing Shadow Empire.

Last game I managed to crash my economy by 'administrative strain'.  Off to DasTactic's tutorials (again) ...

Jarhead0331

Going to try to configure VR and all of my cockpit peripherals for DCS on my new 4090 rig. That will probably take up most of my free gaming time, but hopefully I'll get a little bit of flight time in with the new update. Black Shark 3, yeah!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bobarossa

Caught Covid on Saturday last week and struggled to get 3 turns done in a week on my newly started WITE2 campaign.  All better now but the KoH2 thread is making me abandon WITE2 and start playing KoH2.  Here's to being befuddled for a different reason this weekend! 

Gusington

^Good luck, good to hear you're on the mend. And welcome to the KoH2 dark site.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd