Main Menu

Voor De Kroon

Started by Jarhead0331, December 20, 2022, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

By the looks of it, this one is in very early access, but it could have potential. Perhaps a good mix of Total War and Bannerlord?

Not too many titles have covered the 13th Century Friso-Hollandic Wars. There is a strategy campaign with large scale battles that apparently can be fought traditionally and in 3rd person while commanding troops.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1702390/Voor_De_Kroon/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Nice find....wish listed for now as does some to be in early stages but if continues improving, will jump in for sure.

Gusington

Wow it looks amazing. Wishlisted. Thanks JH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Definitely interested in this game.  Forgive me though for Windigo'ing the images.  Too poor to afford a big modern day monitor.   :)

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I hope Staggerwing sees this thread...he will lose his mind.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

I typically quickly jump into these things, but this time just being held back:)

- Looks like first published title for this developer (although don't know their history so maybe not huge deal)
- People saying it doesn't contain much yet, understandable for starting out
- Cost, $30....just outside of my no brainer, who cares range:)

But certainly will be monitoring since if it remotely turns out well, looks like fun to be had.....

Gusington

There are a couple of other empire building games floating around on Steam that also appear to be one-offs from unknown developers that just seem to be languishing in early access forever. I am hoping this is not that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Victor

Looks great, thanks for sharing! Reminds me a bit of Manor Lords.

Sir Slash

Sitting openly and proudly on the fence. Somebody tell me if it's great or not because these wooden rails are starting to hurt my ass.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2022, 10:35:54 AM
I hope Staggerwing sees this thread...he will lose his mind.

That does look interesting. I was actually born in Friesland, in the city of Leeuwarden. Not in the Thirteenth Century though...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 21, 2022, 09:51:43 PM

Not in the Thirteenth Century though...

Seems an odd thing to have to point out for clarity. 

I mean, I'm not going to accuse Staggerwing of being a vampire but.....I think he might be a vampire. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Earlier or later Stagger?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

fran

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Staggerwing

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 21, 2022, 10:18:56 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 21, 2022, 09:51:43 PM

Not in the Thirteenth Century though...

Seems an odd thing to have to point out for clarity. 

I mean, I'm not going to accuse Staggerwing of being a vampire but.....I think he might be a vampire.

We prefer the term 'Daylight challenged Sanguophage'...