Steam Winter Sale 2022: Dec 22 - Jan 5

Started by ArizonaTank, December 20, 2022, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

For the first time in years, actually looking forward to the Winter Sale. Dec 22 - Jan 5

https://www.pcinvasion.com/steam-winter-sale-2022-begins-next-week/

A few games on my wishlist:

Midnight Suns
Spider Man
Captains of Industry
Empires of the Undergrowth

Among others
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sigwolf

I wouldn't expect too big a discount on the first two.... probably not more than 20% on Midnight Suns, and maybe around 35% on Spider-Man, but maybe they'll surprise us.  <:-)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Sigwolf on December 20, 2022, 02:19:11 PM
I wouldn't expect too big a discount on the first two.... probably not more than 20% on Midnight Suns, and maybe around 35% on Spider-Man, but maybe they'll surprise us.  <:-)

I would actually be surprised if any discount on Midnight, just released in early December....depending on which spider man, one just released in November so I wouldn't expect that much off either....otherwise people who just bought would be in an uprising:)

steve58

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 20, 2022, 02:04:06 PM
For the first time in years, actually looking forward to the Winter Sale. Dec 22 - Jan 5

https://www.pcinvasion.com/steam-winter-sale-2022-begins-next-week/

A few games on my wishlist:

Midnight Suns
Spider Man
Captains of Industry
Empires of the Undergrowth  <-- SimAnts on steroids?   :D

Among others
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I mock the Steam sales.  Until they return to the old 50% - 75% discount and stop insulting me with their piddly 10% discounts I spit in their faces. 

I'm sorry if I sound negative but money is tight these days and I want to enjoy something in this world so give us a break Steam and give us monster discounts. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tanaka

Quote from: W8taminute on December 20, 2022, 04:35:55 PM
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I mock the Steam sales.  Until they return to the old 50% - 75% discount and stop insulting me with their piddly 10% discounts I spit in their faces. 

I'm sorry if I sound negative but money is tight these days and I want to enjoy something in this world so give us a break Steam and give us monster discounts.

This. I never buy from Steam anymore. You can always find bigger discounts elsewhere.

fran

I was not aware of the poor state of Steam sales....

I was used to the discounts mentioned so minimum 25% or more.

Where else can I look to if it's not Steam?

fran

Oh hello Debbie  :) ;)

fran

I was hoping to pick up some discounted Slitherine titles in the sales.

AchillesLastStand

Yep, miss the days of the flash sales they used to have. Coincidentally they stopped having them around the same time they started offering refunds.

fran

Epic Coupon: 25% off when you spend $14.99 or more on New Release of Discounted Games

SlagDog

Most of the games I want to buy are newer so the discounts will be pretty smaller or not discounted at all. Plus I did buy a few games during the Thanksgiving sale which decreased my wish list slightly. Why is it that I have more games wish listed that are in development then completed titles  :uglystupid2: Really silly.

W8taminute

Quote from: SlagDog on December 21, 2022, 11:05:34 AM
Most of the games I want to buy are newer so the discounts will be pretty smaller or not discounted at all. Plus I did buy a few games during the Thanksgiving sale which decreased my wish list slightly. Why is it that I have more games wish listed that are in development then completed titles  :uglystupid2: Really silly.

I'm in more or less the same boat as you.  About 60% of my wishlist is games in development.  With the exception of that new WW1 game coming out next year I'm so tempted to delete the other games from my wishlist that are still in development.  I know it helps the game developers by whishlisting but as the consumer it depresses me everytime I log into Steam only to see games I want with no hope of a release date.  IOW my initial interest is fading on a promised game that looked good but who cares now because it's never going to be released anyway. 

It's like, the girl of your dreams that you've been chasing for ages keeps promising we'll go out on a date SoonTM next week I promise.  She keeps saying this over and over again every week.  Eventually that genuine wholesome love interest you had in her turns into FU and SMD then get the hell out of my life I'm done with you.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Damn W8, I think we dated the same girl.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.