Main Menu

FRIDAY Bells

Started by Pete Dero, December 23, 2022, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Shadow Empire and maybe Grand Tactician - The Civil War

Have a great weekend and, for those in the US, stay warm !

Gusington

Knights of Honor 2 for more punishment, and some Age of Empire II and IV to feel better about myself. Maybe with a smattering of 1212AD for Attila TW.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Knights of Honor 2 and then some Interstellar Space Genesis and most likely some Stronghold Warlords.

Merry Xmas and have a great weekend.

CJReich46

Working tomorrow night. Yay retail  :uglystupid2:

But I get three days off after. So there's that. Merry Xmas

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^But...what do you aspire to play?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

Since I just bought them, I guess I'll be checking out Wartales and Wings of Glory.

I'll also be reloading all of my D&D minis into Miniature Assistant.  This will take a while, but I look forward to getting back into the minis game again.

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2022, 06:15:07 PM
^But...what do you aspire to play?

I have been playing Fallout 3 GOTY on Game Pass. Plus I have The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt complete. (New Update).

But other than that I don't really know. 

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^Those two are more than enough to last you for months. I envy what you are about to discover :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Still be-bopping around Division land - 1 and 2, natch - and eyeing up the Matrix catalog now that my coupon has showed up.

Merry Criminus, my droogs.

Destraex

WAR OF RIGHTS (50% off this realistic american civil war FPS shooter).
DCSat some point. I got the BS3 upgrade.
Command Modern Operations Probably this at some point
Nebulous Fleet Command I want to like this and really love the features. But the maps and interface are hard to take. I will try again because it is enjoyable, but I usually end up watching the battles more than interacting with them... because it's a pain to use the interface. I still have a lot to learn about what kills what and in how long a time period etc. This game feels like work... but I cannot resist, because it has the features I want.
WARNO\COH2\Steel Division 2 or some other RTS.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on December 23, 2022, 06:36:09 PM
Since I just bought them, I guess I'll be checking out Wartales and Wings of Glory.

I'll also be reloading all of my D&D minis into Miniature Assistant.  This will take a while, but I look forward to getting back into the minis game again.

If I recall, you play sports games as well....make sure to check out Football Coach: College Dynasty, nice sim about college football and only $12 (not on sale but still cheap).  It doesn't cover everything about college football yet, but a solid base to start with in first access.

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:39:57 PM

If I recall, you play sports games as well....make sure to check out Football Coach: College Dynasty, nice sim about college football and only $12 (not on sale but still cheap).  It doesn't cover everything about college football yet, but a solid base to start with in first access.
Thanks Grim.  I was looking at that a bit.  Does it compare to Draft Day Sports College Football?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on December 23, 2022, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:39:57 PM

Thanks Grim.  I was looking at that a bit.  Does it compare to Draft Day Sports College Football?

Same concept, but lighter.  It currently is missing some of the depth such as positions are more grouped (i.e. offensive line not specific), limited options while actually playing a game, etc.  But the core mechanics are interesting and in some ways more intuitive.  If you require things to be near 100% identical to college, might not be right for you yet, but for $12 I think you would still enjoy...worst case, could refund it:)

al_infierno

My Steam Deck came in early yesterday so I've been playing games on the handheld ever since.  Mostly Vampire Survivors, Duke Nukem 3D, and Lego Star Wars.  I'll have full thoughts to post sooner or later, but I'm loving the Deck so far - a thousand times better than the Switch by a long, long shot.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Groggy

War of Rights

Vampire Survivors

American Truck Simulator

As a result of getting blasted by sub zero temps from the arctic cold front, the plan is to stay indoors all weekend. Lots of games will be hitting the table with the girlfriend. Wingspan is her favorite. Holiday food, beer, and vodka have been procured. Reinforcements of warm blankets have been deployed along the domestic front.

Quote from: al_infierno on December 23, 2022, 09:06:55 PM
My Steam Deck came in early yesterday so I've been playing games on the handheld ever since.  Mostly Vampire Survivors, Duke Nukem 3D, and Lego Star Wars.  I'll have full thoughts to post sooner or later, but I'm loving the Deck so far - a thousand times better than the Switch by a long, long shot.

Someone on one my discord channels was raving about the Deck. He stated, and I quote, "Steam Deck is THE SHIT folks." I love Vampire Survivors. It's stupid addicting. With the new DLC Legacy of the Moonspell and the latest patches, it has its hooks in me even deeper.

Stay safe grogs.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman